No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Vice over the weekend. Bale and Rockwell are really good as Cheney and Bush but the movie over all was just fair. I'm not a fan of Bush or Cheney and believe the invasion of Iraq may be one of the biggest blunders by a president ever but the overly liberal slant still seemed over the top. I wish they would have gone a little deeper into the why instead of putting in a bunch of unnecessary crap. I was disappointed in it.

Comment

• Finally saw Solo. Just because it feels almost sacrilegious not to watch a Star Wars film. It was exactly what I expected and exactly the reason I avoided it so long. I think I might be done with Star Wars. There's a limit to how many times you can sit through the same movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        There's a limit to how many times you can sit through the same movie.
        I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
          I'm pretty sure that's not true.
          It is if you limit it to viewing the movies only during this mortal sojourn.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            It is if you limit it to viewing the movies only during this mortal sojourn.
            Heh. Fair enough. I was commenting within the sphere of sanity implied by JS. As humans, we watch the same movies all of the time. The more archetypal, the more we watch them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              Saw Vice over the weekend. Bale and Rockwell are really good as Cheney and Bush but the movie over all was just fair. I'm not a fan of Bush or Cheney and believe the invasion of Iraq may be one of the biggest blunders by a president ever but the overly liberal slant still seemed over the top. I wish they would have gone a little deeper into the why instead of putting in a bunch of unnecessary crap. I was disappointed in it.
              How did Bush seem? I think Bush is a genuinely likeable person, and Cheney genuinely is pretty horrible by contrast.
              Last edited by frank ryan; 01-08-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                How did Bush seem? I think Bush is a genuinely person, and Cheney genuinely is pretty horrible by contrast.
                In over his head and a little bit of an imbecile.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  How did Bush seem? I think Bush is a genuinely person, and Cheney genuinely is pretty horrible by contrast.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Rewatched The Pianist​ on Netflix. Such a great movie. Makes me sad to think how Hollywood keeps churning out comic book crap when they are capable of so much more.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                      Ready Player One...only okay.

I read the book. Loved the book. Movie is about 15% accurate to the book.

That is where I get letdown....I spent the entire movie pointing out the stuff that isn't correct to the book. Terrible habit.
                      I felt the same way, even though I tell myself all the time that movies are a different medium that books and shouldn't really be compared to them.... I still get frustrated when a great book turns into a fairly mediocre movie.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Rewatched The Pianist​ on Netflix. Such a great movie. Makes me sad to think how Hollywood keeps churning out comic book crap when they are capable of so much more.
                        On the other hand, they do churn out a lot of other high quality stuff that they don't spend a dime promoting b/c they're not box office draws. There's a lot of great stuff out that has nothing to do with popcorn flix.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Rewatched The Pianist​ on Netflix. Such a great movie. Makes me sad to think how Hollywood keeps churning out comic book crap when they are capable of so much more.
                          Such a good movie. One of the few R movies I have in my collection. I love the part at the end where, after surviving so much, he almost gets shot just for wearing a German over coat to stay warm.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            Such a good movie. One of the few R movies I have in my collection. I love the part at the end where, after surviving so much, he almost gets shot just for wearing a German over coat to stay warm.
                            That was scary!

Did a little research and it looks like pretty much everything in the movie was factual and portrayed as it happened. Crazy.

Also, it looks like the German officer who helped him helped several others. Sadly he died in a Soviet prison camp, but he has been given several posthumous awards which were accepted by his children.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Spoiler alert!
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Spoiler alert!
                                Wait until you find out that Luke is Darth Vader’s son.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X