• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic 2: Effing sucked..

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      The Green Book is one of the best movies of the year. It's based on the experience of a NYC bouncer at the Copacabana who spends two months driving a black concert pianist around the midwest and deep south in 1962. Mahershala Ali is, as always, very good and Viggo Mortensen is almost unrecognizable, in body and voice, as a Bronx goomba. There will be some Oscar nominations for this one. I'll say no more; just see it.
      Went in with low expectations, but thoroughly enjoyed it. It was heartwarming and at times hilarious. Viggo Mortensen was incredible. I didn't want it to end, even thought it was over 2 hours.

Agree with PAC. Go see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Went in with low expectations, but thoroughly enjoyed it. It was heartwarming and at times hilarious. Viggo Mortensen was incredible. I didn't want it to end, even thought it was over 2 hours.

Agree with PAC. Go see it.
        Like you, I didn't look at my watch once during the movie as it flows so well. After my initial post, I checked out several other reviews. While it's very well-reviewed over all (>80% on Rotten Tomatoes), a few very good critics didn't care for it all that much, finding that its treatment of race relations was lightweight and unoriginal. I can understand that, but the film doesn't aspire to that kind of statement (like, e.g., Selma, Mississippi Burning, 12 Years a Slave etc.). Rather, it's a very touching, true story about two vastly different, and quite flawed, persons who learn from each other and make their and others' lives just a little better. And the final scene (always a major element for my enjoyment) is deeply moving without being excessive or false.

Don't go in expecting too much; just enjoy a very pleasant evening at the movies...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

Saw this last night at a preview and really enjoyed it.

I was a little worried about how they would portray foster care and adopting kids from foster care. But in all honesty - if you allow for some element of Hollywood creative license - I think they nailed it.

Everything from orientation meetings filled with a combination of families who have had a spiritual experience, those expecting to recreate "The Blind Side", and infertile couples to some of the reactions and behaviors of the kids themselves and support and understanding (or the lack thereof) of relatives when you decide to do it. I could nitpick some elements that aren't exactly accurate as far as the process and court, etc., but overall very well done.

Good show with an awesome balance of laugh out loud moments combined with those that make you go "hmmmm." Saw lots of adoptive dads with allergies in the theater last night.
          We went and saw this too. Very well done.

The actress who played the teenage girl was awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            Fantastic 2: Effing sucked..
            Curious as to why you didn't like it. I thought it was great. I watched Fantastic Beasts the night before (as I had never seen it), and I thought this was a good second movie in what is likely a trilogy. Hoping your opinion isn't colored by the Dumbledore/Grindlewald relationship.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Curious as to why you didn't like it. I thought it was great. I watched Fantastic Beasts the night before (as I had never seen it), and I thought this was a good second movie in what is likely a trilogy. Hoping your opinion isn't colored by the Dumbledore/Grindlewald relationship.
              My BIL said it was good but left a lot unresolved, setting the stage for another movie.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                My BIL said it was good but left a lot unresolved, setting the stage for another movie.
                Yep. Which is the job of a second movie in a trilogy.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Our family is full of Harry Potter nerds - while there were some inconsistencies in the Harry Potter universe that my nerd kids identified, we all loved it. Some liked the first one better, others liked this one better. Personally, I liked this one better. The Dumbledore/Grindlewald thing didn't bother me at all. Like kids becoming blood brothers or something - until they show it as being more than that (which yeah, might be more weird)

Looking forward to the third installment.

And super jealous of JK Rawling and the fact that this poor single mom is now making some serious bank and wishing I had half of her creativity.

Comment

• I would like to share my thoughts but I cannot figure out how to hide my response due to spoilers.

Is that possible in Tapatalk?

Comment

I would like to share my thoughts but I cannot figure out how to hide my response due to spoilers.

Is that possible in Tapatalk?

You could manually add the spoiler tags.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The "last movie I saw" thread

Delete..

Guessing my attempt to manually enter it did not work..

Removing..
                        Last edited by dabrockster; 11-27-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• lol
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Delete..

Guessing my attempt to manually enter it did not work..

Removing..
                            TWSS
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              TWSS
                              Ok, that was pretty good.

Comment

• Creed 2-- lots of fun. If you like Rocky movies, here's another one.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X