No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocketman. I wanted to love it. But because it kind of had a rushed ending, I only really liked it. Acting is excellent. Some of the choreography is really good. And it makes you want to listen to his music for the weekend. B+ for me.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Rocketman. I wanted to love it. But because it kind of had a rushed ending, I only really liked it. Acting is excellent. Some of the choreography is really good. And it makes you want to listen to his music for the weekend. B+ for me.
      Solid review. I give the movie a B+ as well, only it has taken me longer than a weekend to get Elton John from playing in my head. Wish they would have used Elton John's voice and just lipped synced his songs since I think it is difficult to cover his music and do it justice.
      “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
      "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Yesterday. Great idea for a movie. I'm bummed the ratings are just so so, but I think I'll take it in.

Comment

• A Toy Story 4- Pretty good, standard Pixar fare.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            A Toy Story 4- Pretty good, standard Pixar fare.
            We saw that yesterday. I thought it was so-so. Not enough use of the secondary characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              Yesterday. Great idea for a movie. I'm bummed the ratings are just so so, but I think I'll take it in.
              I thought it was great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                We saw that yesterday. I thought it was so-so. Not enough use of the secondary characters.
                Probably. I got the sense they were trying to wrap up the franchise and give Woody some finality and character resolution since Hanks and Allen probably won't be at it forever (except there will be a Toy Story 5, I bet).
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  Yesterday. Great idea for a movie. I'm bummed the ratings are just so so, but I think I'll take it in.

I love the premise of this movie. I would probably roll the dice and see it, hoping it delivers on the clever premise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    A Toy Story 4- Pretty good, standard Pixar fare.
                    Same. It was the ‘worst’ Toy Story, but damn if still didn’t like it. B for me.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      Same. It was the ‘worst’ Toy Story, but damn if still didn’t like it. B for me.
                      No it wasn’t. That was TS3.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        No it wasn’t. That was TS3.
                        100% wrong.

FTR, here’s the ranking:
                        1. TS2
                        2. TS
                        3. TS 3
                        4. TS 4
                        Last edited by Northwestcoug; 06-30-2019, 10:07 AM.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• I liked TS4. Made me laugh.

And think of the killing that Disney will make selling sporks wrapped in pipe cleaner for $20 a pop.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            I liked TS4. Made me laugh.

And think of the killing that Disney will make selling sporks wrapped in pipe cleaner for $20 a pop.
                            LOL... I was thinking that christmas for my grandkids is going to be cheap this year.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                              I thought it was great.

I thought the first half was good and then it became a mess. I was hoping for better. One thing, in the trailer they had Jack sitting on James Cordons couch singing a song and then he says he has two gentlemen here that claim they wrote the songs and it shows four legs, in the movie it didn't show him singing to anybody on the couch and it showed the four legs but it never did anything with that part after that. Did I fall asleep for five minutes and miss something?

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                                I thought the first half was good and then it became a mess. I was hoping for better. One thing, in the trailer they had Jack sitting on James Cordons couch singing a song and then he says he has two gentlemen here that claim they wrote the songs and it shows four legs, in the movie it didn't show him singing to anybody on the couch and it showed the four legs but it never did anything with that part after that. Did I fall asleep for five minutes and miss something?
                                It was a dream/nightmare sequence. I bet the deleted scenes will have him on Corden singing "something in the way she moves"

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Working...
                                X