• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    What movie was that?
    Memories of Murder

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353969/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

Comment

• My wife made us leave after the mostly clothes sexy scene in Parasite, so I’m not sure whether it was good or not.

Saw The Gentlemen tonight. It definitely had some laugh out loud moments, and it’s on the cusp of being really solid, but Guy Ritchie is just so mediocre as a filmmaker that it fell a little short for me.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I saw Jojo Rabbit-- it was great, of course.

I also saw Sonic the Hedgehog. You know, for fully expecting a middling-to-terrible kids' movie, I actually got a kick out of it and found myself laughing pretty hard at a couple of the Jim Carrey scenes. And they got the fantastic Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Parasite. I liked it a lot - super creative plot and good characters. But best picture? Hmm...
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Parasite. I liked it a lot - super creative plot and good characters. But best picture? Hmm...
              Was it better than 1917, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, or The Irishman?
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                My wife made us leave after the mostly clothes sexy scene in Parasite, so I’m not sure whether it was good or not.

Saw The Gentlemen tonight. It definitely had some laugh out loud moments, and it’s on the cusp of being really solid, but Guy Ritchie is just so mediocre as a filmmaker that it fell a little short for me.
                GTFO

Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are two of my all time favorites. The Gentlemen was in that same vein. Fantastically fun and uproariously funny at times.
                Last edited by Flystripper; 02-18-2020, 02:04 PM.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Have not seen yet
                  Have not seen yet
                  Maybe
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    GTFO

Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are two of my all time favorites favorites. The Gentlemen was in that same vein. Fantastically fun and uproariously funny at times.
                    Good! Can't wait to see it. I also love Rocknrolla.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      No
                      No
                      About equal

Comment

Parasite. I liked it a lot - super creative plot and good characters. But best picture? Hmm...
                        Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        1917 and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood are both better than Parasite. I don't know about The Irishman (haven't seen it). Although Parasite is very entertaining it's not the best picture but the Koreans are funny people and I guess deserve an award now and then.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          1917 and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood are both better than Parasite. I don't know about The Irishman (haven't seen it). Although Parasite is very entertaining it's not the best picture but the Koreans are funny people and I guess deserve an award now and then.
                          Agree. Joker and Uncut Gems were also better than Parasite. I think I would have gone Joker for best picture and Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems for best actor.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Agree. Joker and Uncut Gems were also better than Parasite. I think I would have gone Joker for best picture and Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems for best actor.
                            I have a strong stomach, but joker was the darkest, most depressing movie I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              GTFO

Snatch and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are two of my all time favorites. The Gentlemen was in that same vein. Fantastically fun and uproariously funny at times.
                              I haven't seen those two films. I'll claim mission ignorance for one and youth on the other.

I feel the same way about The Gentlemen as I felt about the Sherlock Holmes movies he directed...great moments, but ultimately something is holding them back. I attribute it to Ritchie, since the casts in all three were loaded with talent.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I have a strong stomach, but joker was the darkest, most depressing movie I have ever seen.
                                Joker was the only nominee I didn't see, for the reason you and several others have mentioned. As for all the other nominees, I thought the year was remarkable for having so many movies being pretty equal in quality (albeit with a wide range of styles)--all very good movies with none being truly outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                                X