Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128
Results 3,811 to 3,827 of 3827

Thread: The "last movie I saw" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Dinosaur 13 is a documentary about the discovery of the largest T-Rex fossil ever found... "Sue":

and how the government pretty much messes up everything.

If you have any interest in paleontology and like a story with lots of twists and turns then it is worth a watch.
    Wow. That was great. Thanks for the tip.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    TWSS! TWSS!
    There are only four people on this board who know as much about football as I do, and only one of them is a Ute.

http://www.twitter.com/sizzle801

I'm going to have to agree with Seth, I thiught American Sniper was a horrible propaganda movie.

The scenes were horrible:

We ain't raising sheep, I'll whoop you if you are a wolf
    They'll fry you in Leavenworth (shouldn't his spotter be looking at the targets)
    Anything involving the Parkour legend Mustafa
    Recognizing the bruised elbow
    Running into the injured marine at the auto shop
    The multiple times he apparently was shot but either dodged or immediately recovered
    His interview to find he butcher
    And the ending was so manipulative, let me leave the theater without feeling like an asshole if I don't stay or talk

For full disclosure I wasn't a huge fan of the book either.

Saw American Sniper last night and I enjoyed it. I saw four guys standing in line with some camo on. I'm pretty sure they really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by fusnik View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with Seth, I thiught American Sniper was a horrible propaganda movie.

The scenes were horrible:

We ain't raising sheep, I'll whoop you if you are a wolf
    They'll fry you in Leavenworth (shouldn't his spotter be looking at the targets)
    Anything involving the Parkour legend Mustafa
    Recognizing the bruised elbow
    Running into the injured marine at the auto shop
    The multiple times he apparently was shot but either dodged or immediately recovered
    His interview to find he butcher
    And the ending was so manipulative, let me leave the theater without feeling like an asshole if I don't stay or talk

For full disclosure I wasn't a huge fan of the book either.
    Yeah, you should have seen the Brad Pitt tank movie instead. Lot's of KPMs. OMG! I loved the Tiger scene especially when the 75mm anti-tank round bounces of the War Daddy's sherman at about 100 feet away. Those German Tigers must have actually been pussy cats. Or the scene where the Fury crew takes on 200+ Waffen-SS men with one tank track behind their back. There is absolutely no patriotic BS in Fury... just lots of good ole Nazi killing.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I think it was definitely a catch, an amazing catch, and the Cowboys got screwed" -DDD.

Quote Originally Posted by woot View Post
    I can vouch for this one -- it's really well done. I will say that commercial fossil hunters cause a lot of problems and cause many great specimens to be lost to science, so I think the movie's portrayal of the government as evil and ignorant might be a bit over the top. The team that discovered Sue were in the right on this one, and it's an awful shame they didn't get to see it through and had to face such ridiculous opposition.

It's great that the specimen ended up where it did, though, so I suppose the saga has a relatively happy ending.
    Yeah, it would be interesting to know the government's side of the story. But two years for not properly filling out the customs declaration form? I need to be more careful myself, I guess.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I think it was definitely a catch, an amazing catch, and the Cowboys got screwed" -DDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    What service has Dinosaur 13?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    What service has Dinosaur 13?
    Youtube...

or you can pay a couple of bucks and rent it on Amazon or something.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 01-26-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Has anyone seen The Boy Next Door, the new movie starring Jennifer Lopez as a high school English teacher specializing in the classics (plausible) who unwittingly sleeps with a prospective student? The trailer looks horrible and ordinarily I'd avoid it, but I just read that before the boy's age is revealed, he gives her "a first edition of The Iliad," that she receives enthusiastically. "It must have cost a fortune!" Please tell me this is true. Even this is not enough to cause me to see it, but I'd welcome confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Has anyone seen The Boy Next Door, the new movie starring Jennifer Lopez as a high school English teacher specializing in the classics (plausible) who unwittingly sleeps with a prospective student? The trailer looks horrible and ordinarily I'd avoid it, but I just read that before the boy's age is revealed, he gives her "a first edition of The Iliad," that she receives enthusiastically. "It must have cost a fortune!" Please tell me this is true. Even this is not enough to cause me to see it, but I'd welcome confirmation.
    Since the Iliad was first passed along orally, I'm not surprised J Lo receives her gift enthusiastically. (Probably only Solon will get that joke, maybe All-American)
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Since the Iliad was first passed along orally, I'm not surprised J Lo receives her gift enthusiastically. (Probably only Solon will get that joke, maybe All-American)
    You'll just have to orally explain it to the rest of us.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    You'll just have to orally explain it to the rest of us.
    Written explanation for me, thank you very much.

Just finished 'Dinosaur 13'. I also really liked it. I may finally be ready to jump on UT's libertarian band wagon. That was some major federal overreach and prosecutorial misconduct IMO.

I now want to visit both the Field Museum and the Black Hills Institute.

Finally saw Inherent Vice last night. Went in expecting to be disappointed, but ended up kind of loving it. Brolin and Phoenix were both the highlights for me, but just about every character was pretty spectacular. None of it made any sense, but I think that was kind of the point. I am a sucker for everything P.T. Anderson does, and this didn't disappoint.

By the way, for anyone else that is an Anderson fan out there, Mark Maron did a fantastic interview with him a few weeks ago on the WTF podcast. I've never really heard an interview with PTA before. It is kind of shocking how laid back and down to earth he is, given the kind of movies he makes. Amazing that he is only 44. Hope he continues to make great films for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by UVACoug View Post
    Finally saw Inherent Vice last night. Went in expecting to be disappointed, but ended up kind of loving it. Brolin and Phoenix were both the highlights for me, but just about every character was pretty spectacular. None of it made any sense, but I think that was kind of the point. I am a sucker for everything P.T. Anderson does, and this didn't disappoint.

By the way, for anyone else that is an Anderson fan out there, Mark Maron did a fantastic interview with him a few weeks ago on the WTF podcast. I've never really heard an interview with PTA before. It is kind of shocking how laid back and down to earth he is, given the kind of movies he makes. Amazing that he is only 44. Hope he continues to make great films for many years to come.
    How was Martin Short?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    How was Martin Short?
    Hilarious

The Interview - shameless fun
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF