Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 5,791 to 5,794 of 5794

Thread: The "last movie I saw" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Oh hell yes. I'm not sure I enjoyed that intense suspense, but that brand of horror creepiness is just the right note.
    Go see Hereditary. It’s rad. First movie that has genuinely scared me in awhile. Similar vibe to the witch and same studio.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Go see Hereditary. It’s rad. First movie that has genuinely scared me in awhile. Similar vibe to the witch and same studio.
    Just saw it. So messed up! I'm on my own in San Francisco for a conference and hit the cinema on a solo mission. Very similar vibe to the Witch, but not really until the very last scene, and that's when it really reminded me of the Witch. In fact, now that I think about it, it was almost the exact same payoff, but it was great.

Spoiler for what I didn't really like:
    What I didn't like too much is the fate of the little girl. That was sudden and pretty messed up. Not a fan of seeing a little kid get killed like that- pretty awful. As for what worked for me? The mom's behavior was completely unnerving and I think that's what made this whole thing go. And along with the implications of the title- Hereditary- and allusions to her sleepwalking and nearly killing Peter in her sleep, you couldn't trust her character for a second. I also liked that there is a whole lot of story here that they didn't come out and spoon feed the audience. As I was sitting there when they kind of glazed over the whole 'Joan' conspiracy thing, I was thinking "aw shit- I'm totally going to have to go on youtube to get explanations of this" lol. And then when the husband accused HER of putting the body in the attic I had to stop and wonder for just a second if that's really what happened. And about that ending- so creepy! That hit just right. It wasn't punching you in the face with the whole Satanic thing like the Exorcist or something, but was more like 1700's style occult stuff, which is somehow more menacing and creepy. OH and those naked people in the shadows- that effect they used that had apparitions in the background? Awesome. Oh! I also liked that it was totally filmed in Utah. That funeral- I was trying to decide which cemetery in Provo they were at.
    Last edited by Commando; 06-15-2018 at 12:09 AM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Just saw it. So messed up! I'm on my own in San Francisco for a conference and hit the cinema on a solo mission. Very similar vibe to the Witch, but not really until the very last scene, and that's when it really reminded me of the Witch. In fact, now that I think about it, it was almost the exact same payoff, but it was great.

Spoiler for what I didn't really like:
    What I didn't like too much is the fate of the little girl. That was sudden and pretty messed up. Not a fan of seeing a little kid get killed like that- pretty awful. As for what worked for me? The mom's behavior was completely unnerving and I think that's what made this whole thing go. And along with the implications of the title- Hereditary- and allusions to her sleepwalking and nearly killing Peter in her sleep, you couldn't trust her character for a second. I also liked that there is a whole lot of story here that they didn't come out and spoon feed the audience. As I was sitting there when they kind of glazed over the whole 'Joan' conspiracy thing, I was thinking "aw shit- I'm totally going to have to go on youtube to get explanations of this" lol. And then when the husband accused HER of putting the body in the attic I had to stop and wonder for just a second if that's really what happened. And about that ending- so creepy! That hit just right. It wasn't punching you in the face with the whole Satanic thing like the Exorcist or something, but was more like 1700's style occult stuff, which is somehow more menacing and creepy. OH and those naked people in the shadows- that effect they used that had apparitions in the background? Awesome. Oh! I also liked that it was totally filmed in Utah. That funeral- I was trying to decide which cemetery in Provo they were at.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftsByCharlieG

An hour was cut from the movie.

Spoiler for Some random thoughts and stuff I picked up on:
    The mother almost killing them in their sleep was her subconscious effort to stop the ritual. When she has that dream where she tells Peter she tried to miscarry, and he cries about her trying to kill him, she said something like, "I was trying to save you."
    That death was brutal. The head, Peter's state of shock and Annie's wailing in grief were seriously upsetting and disturbing. I thought when Joan shows up at school and casts that spell on Peter was pretty scary.
    Charlie was off from the very start. What I don't know if how connected she was to Paiman and when it started. She never cried. She had macabre interests. She made strange Goetic figures.
    The director has said it was part of a ritual decades in the making. The myths that were discussed in Peter's class explained a lot of the themes about free will and tragedy etc.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 06-15-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Incredibles 2.

It's great.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!