No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready Player One. Went in with low expectations, but enjoyed it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Ready Player One. Went in with low expectations, but enjoyed it.
      Only way you could have, IMO.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Only way you could have, IMO.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          I don't get it.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Solo - liked it.

Avengers Infinity War - surprised it ended where it did.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Solo - liked it.

Avengers Infinity War - surprised it ended where it did.
              Its a two-parter.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Its a two-parter.
                So it seems. I just didn't know that going in.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  So it seems. I just didn't know that going in.
                  Some Marvel fan you are...
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    Some Marvel fan you are...
                    Thank you, I am a marvelous fan.
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Still thinking about Mission Impossible: Fallout. I knew Cruise did a lot of his own stunts, but I didn't realize he was doing most of the 'mouth-agape' stunts. Here's an article that does into depth about some of his most memorable ones, including others from previous films:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/m...om-cruise.html

He deserved some scorn for some of his past whack-a-doo public antics, but he's got new-found respect from me.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• I saw Mission Impossible last night and was entertained. I was a big fan of the first movie from 96 or 97. When I got home from my mission (possible), I saw the 2nd or 3rd. It was the one where he and another dude got in a crotch rocket fight and ended up tackling each other mid-air. I was so unimpressed, I haven't seen any others since. The final chase scene was fun, even though it defied the laws of physics.

Two laugh out loud moments for me that were not supposed to be funny, but that I found hilarious:

Spoiler for Mild spoilers:
                        1. When the white widow aggressively kissed him. So stupid.

2. When Alec Baldwin takes swings at the trained CIA assassin. It looked like parody of an action movie fight. My mind took me back to 30 Rock.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I don't get it.
                          Just a crack at the movie itself - high expectations were not possible.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Equalizer 2....was okay. Not great...not bad...just not nearly as good as Equalizer 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              I saw Mission Impossible last night and was entertained. I was a big fan of the first movie from 96 or 97. When I got home from my mission (possible), I saw the 2nd or 3rd. It was the one where he and another dude got in a crotch rocket fight and ended up tackling each other mid-air. I was so unimpressed, I haven't seen any others since. The final chase scene was fun, even though it defied the laws of physics.

Two laugh out loud moments for me that were not supposed to be funny, but that I found hilarious:

Spoiler for Mild spoilers:
                              1. When the white widow aggressively kissed him. So stupid.

2. When Alec Baldwin takes swings at the trained CIA assassin. It looked like parody of an action movie fight. My mind took me back to 30 Rock.
                              MI2 was a disaster. MI3 was pretty good.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Just a crack at the movie itself - high expectations were not possible.
                                apparently i didn't get it either. i assumed you meant that was the only way he could have possibly enjoyed it - you know, to enter with exceedingly low expectations.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X