No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might go see the Liam Neeson movie, but probably not.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I might go see the Liam Neeson movie, but probably not.
      Same, although if he releases the Kraken in economy class, I'm in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        How on earth does Liam Neesam get these roles? His action movies are terrible.
        You didn't like Rob Roy?
        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          A genuine laugh out loud on that one.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
            I have sworn off any movie with Kevin Costner.
            Like, you are gonna totally regret this oath when Draft Day comes out in 6 weeks. Oh well, you can always rent Any Given Sunday again.

Saw Lego Movie as well. Meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              Like, you are gonna totally regret this oath when Draft Day comes out in 6 weeks. Oh well, you can always rent Any Given Sunday again.

Saw Lego Movie as well. Meh.
              The premise looks good, but Kevin will find a way to botch it. I will await your long awaited review to determine if I shall break my misguided oath.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

The phrase "Release the Kraken" has been re-purposed at my house so if that's what he's going to do, I'll sit that one out.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Did Costner go bankrupt or something? Why is he suddenly in every new release?

Comment

• Terrible version but start at :20

"Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Is this the movie that takes place on an airplane? Someone gets killed every twenty minutes?
                      Costner on an airplane? That sounds like an amazing story.
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I read this, and spent a few seconds trying to remember when Liam Neeson played an economics professor

Comment

• People are complaining about the new Noah's ark movie because it isn't "historically accurate".

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/0...-inaccuracies/
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            People are complaining about the new Noah's ark movie because it isn't "historically accurate".

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/0...-inaccuracies/
                            If christians want to be historically accurate, then they shouldn't make a movie about the flood in the first place, as it's a historical fact that the flood didn't happen
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Comment

• Gravity. I guess with all the Oscar nods and my general enjoyment of astronaut movies my expectations were too high. I thought it was ok. I find Clooney a little annoying and the engineer in me couldn't get past the erroneous physics in some of the scenes.

Comment

Working...
                                X