Page 194 of 198 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 5912

Thread: The "last movie I saw" thread

  1. #5791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Oh hell yes. I'm not sure I enjoyed that intense suspense, but that brand of horror creepiness is just the right note.
    Go see Hereditary. It’s rad. First movie that has genuinely scared me in awhile. Similar vibe to the witch and same studio.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  2. #5792
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Go see Hereditary. It’s rad. First movie that has genuinely scared me in awhile. Similar vibe to the witch and same studio.
    Just saw it. So messed up! I'm on my own in San Francisco for a conference and hit the cinema on a solo mission. Very similar vibe to the Witch, but not really until the very last scene, and that's when it really reminded me of the Witch. In fact, now that I think about it, it was almost the exact same payoff, but it was great.

    Spoiler for what I didn't really like:
    What I didn't like too much is the fate of the little girl. That was sudden and pretty messed up. Not a fan of seeing a little kid get killed like that- pretty awful. As for what worked for me? The mom's behavior was completely unnerving and I think that's what made this whole thing go. And along with the implications of the title- Hereditary- and allusions to her sleepwalking and nearly killing Peter in her sleep, you couldn't trust her character for a second. I also liked that there is a whole lot of story here that they didn't come out and spoon feed the audience. As I was sitting there when they kind of glazed over the whole 'Joan' conspiracy thing, I was thinking "aw shit- I'm totally going to have to go on youtube to get explanations of this" lol. And then when the husband accused HER of putting the body in the attic I had to stop and wonder for just a second if that's really what happened. And about that ending- so creepy! That hit just right. It wasn't punching you in the face with the whole Satanic thing like the Exorcist or something, but was more like 1700's style occult stuff, which is somehow more menacing and creepy. OH and those naked people in the shadows- that effect they used that had apparitions in the background? Awesome. Oh! I also liked that it was totally filmed in Utah. That funeral- I was trying to decide which cemetery in Provo they were at.
    Last edited by Commando; 06-15-2018 at 12:09 AM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  3. #5793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Just saw it. So messed up! I'm on my own in San Francisco for a conference and hit the cinema on a solo mission. Very similar vibe to the Witch, but not really until the very last scene, and that's when it really reminded me of the Witch. In fact, now that I think about it, it was almost the exact same payoff, but it was great.

    Spoiler for what I didn't really like:
    What I didn't like too much is the fate of the little girl. That was sudden and pretty messed up. Not a fan of seeing a little kid get killed like that- pretty awful. As for what worked for me? The mom's behavior was completely unnerving and I think that's what made this whole thing go. And along with the implications of the title- Hereditary- and allusions to her sleepwalking and nearly killing Peter in her sleep, you couldn't trust her character for a second. I also liked that there is a whole lot of story here that they didn't come out and spoon feed the audience. As I was sitting there when they kind of glazed over the whole 'Joan' conspiracy thing, I was thinking "aw shit- I'm totally going to have to go on youtube to get explanations of this" lol. And then when the husband accused HER of putting the body in the attic I had to stop and wonder for just a second if that's really what happened. And about that ending- so creepy! That hit just right. It wasn't punching you in the face with the whole Satanic thing like the Exorcist or something, but was more like 1700's style occult stuff, which is somehow more menacing and creepy. OH and those naked people in the shadows- that effect they used that had apparitions in the background? Awesome. Oh! I also liked that it was totally filmed in Utah. That funeral- I was trying to decide which cemetery in Provo they were at.

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftsByCharlieG

    An hour was cut from the movie.

    Spoiler for Some random thoughts and stuff I picked up on:
    The mother almost killing them in their sleep was her subconscious effort to stop the ritual. When she has that dream where she tells Peter she tried to miscarry, and he cries about her trying to kill him, she said something like, "I was trying to save you."
    That death was brutal. The head, Peter's state of shock and Annie's wailing in grief were seriously upsetting and disturbing. I thought when Joan shows up at school and casts that spell on Peter was pretty scary.
    Charlie was off from the very start. What I don't know if how connected she was to Paiman and when it started. She never cried. She had macabre interests. She made strange Goetic figures.
    The director has said it was part of a ritual decades in the making. The myths that were discussed in Peter's class explained a lot of the themes about free will and tragedy etc.
    Last edited by frank ryan; 06-15-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  4. #5794
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,118

    Default

    Incredibles 2.

    It's great.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  5. #5795
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,824

    Default

    You'd have to be pretty heartless not to enjoy Won't You Be My Neighbor?, the story of Fred Rogers. His eponymous show began after my childhood, and my initial reaction when I saw it for the first time with my oldest daughter when she was a toddler was that the show was ridiculously simple, even stupid. But she (and subsequent kids) loved it and the show explains why. Taking all of the standard elements of TV and doing pretty much the opposite, Fred Rogers created a show where his audience learned some very important lessons in a comfortable and loving environment. The guy was pretty amazing, and the private Fred Rogers was pretty much the same as his television persona. One son says something like, "Imagine being raised by a second Christ."

    The only ones with anything bad to say about the guy are a couple of Fox News commentators who blame him for kids being so soft today (people shouldn't feel good about themselves until they accomplish something). The Westboro Church also demonstrated at his funeral in 2003 because he was tolerant of gays, apparently.

    An enjoyable 90 minutes, with Rotten Tomatoes ratings (critics and audeinces) of 99%.

  6. #5796
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    You'd have to be pretty heartless not to enjoy Won't You Be My Neighbor?, the story of Fred Rogers. His eponymous show began after my childhood, and my initial reaction when I saw it for the first time with my oldest daughter when she was a toddler was that the show was ridiculously simple, even stupid. But she (and subsequent kids) loved it and the show explains why. Taking all of the standard elements of TV and doing pretty much the opposite, Fred Rogers created a show where his audience learned some very important lessons in a comfortable and loving environment. The guy was pretty amazing, and the private Fred Rogers was pretty much the same as his television persona. One son says something like, "Imagine being raised by a second Christ."

    The only ones with anything bad to say about the guy are a couple of Fox News commentators who blame him for kids being so soft today (people shouldn't feel good about themselves until they accomplish something). The Westboro Church also demonstrated at his funeral in 2003 because he was tolerant of gays, apparently.

    An enjoyable 90 minutes, with Rotten Tomatoes ratings (critics and audeinces) of 99%.
    The trailers make it a must-see. Glad it was well-done. I remember finding it weird as a kid, but my siblings liked it for a while.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  7. #5797
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Incredibles 2.

    It's great.
    Agreed. Loved it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  8. #5798
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    You'd have to be pretty heartless not to enjoy Won't You Be My Neighbor?, the story of Fred Rogers. His eponymous show began after my childhood, and my initial reaction when I saw it for the first time with my oldest daughter when she was a toddler was that the show was ridiculously simple, even stupid. But she (and subsequent kids) loved it and the show explains why. Taking all of the standard elements of TV and doing pretty much the opposite, Fred Rogers created a show where his audience learned some very important lessons in a comfortable and loving environment. The guy was pretty amazing, and the private Fred Rogers was pretty much the same as his television persona. One son says something like, "Imagine being raised by a second Christ."

    The only ones with anything bad to say about the guy are a couple of Fox News commentators who blame him for kids being so soft today (people shouldn't feel good about themselves until they accomplish something). The Westboro Church also demonstrated at his funeral in 2003 because he was tolerant of gays, apparently.

    An enjoyable 90 minutes, with Rotten Tomatoes ratings (critics and audeinces) of 99%.
    If not that, we saw something similar on PBS a couple months ago. When I was a kid watching his show, I always liked his trips to factories to see how things were made.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  9. #5799

    Default

    Won’t You Be My Neighbor

    Very touching documentary about Fred Rogers. Should probably be avoided super anti-PC people as the central theme of his work was the inherent worthwhileness and specialness of children. They even play a Fox News excerpt about how Mr Rogers ruined young adults by telling them they were special.

    Interestingly enough, Rogers was a lifelong republican. Truly a Christlike man.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  10. #5800
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    We went to Sicario: Day of Soldado this weekend and I didn't care for it. It was a poorly written disjointed story and sloppy film making.

  11. #5801
    a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    We went to Sicario: Day of Soldado this weekend and I didn't care for it. It was a poorly written disjointed story and sloppy film making.
    That is too bad, as I really liked the first one.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

  12. #5802
    Major disappointment The_Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,506

    Default

    Tag. Funny stuff. It is "Hangover-ish". Good fun guy movie.

  13. #5803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    That is too bad, as I really liked the first one.
    I thought it was pretty good. Doesn't hold a candle to the first one, and takes a wildly divergent path from it, but I'd still recommend giving it a watch. Solid thriller.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  14. #5804
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Won’t You Be My Neighbor

    Very touching documentary about Fred Rogers. Should probably be avoided super anti-PC people as the central theme of his work was the inherent worthwhileness and specialness of children. They even play a Fox News excerpt about how Mr Rogers ruined young adults by telling them they were special.

    Interestingly enough, Rogers was a lifelong republican. Truly a Christlike man.
    Took my 13-year-old to it, thinking he would be bored. He said he liked it. So did I.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  15. #5805
    Senior Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davis County
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Went and saw the latest Jurassic Park.

    It was a fun summer movie - some nice scary moments and a couple of twists and turns in the plot that are at least reminiscent of some of the prior Jurassic movies.

    Worth what we paid, but I'm not sure it's one I need to see again in the theater. Does seem to set itself up for the next Jurassic - so we'll see what happens there.

  16. #5806
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    10,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Just saw it. So messed up! I'm on my own in San Francisco for a conference and hit the cinema on a solo mission. Very similar vibe to the Witch, but not really until the very last scene, and that's when it really reminded me of the Witch. In fact, now that I think about it, it was almost the exact same payoff, but it was great.

    Spoiler for what I didn't really like:
    What I didn't like too much is the fate of the little girl. That was sudden and pretty messed up. Not a fan of seeing a little kid get killed like that- pretty awful. As for what worked for me? The mom's behavior was completely unnerving and I think that's what made this whole thing go. And along with the implications of the title- Hereditary- and allusions to her sleepwalking and nearly killing Peter in her sleep, you couldn't trust her character for a second. I also liked that there is a whole lot of story here that they didn't come out and spoon feed the audience. As I was sitting there when they kind of glazed over the whole 'Joan' conspiracy thing, I was thinking "aw shit- I'm totally going to have to go on youtube to get explanations of this" lol. And then when the husband accused HER of putting the body in the attic I had to stop and wonder for just a second if that's really what happened. And about that ending- so creepy! That hit just right. It wasn't punching you in the face with the whole Satanic thing like the Exorcist or something, but was more like 1700's style occult stuff, which is somehow more menacing and creepy. OH and those naked people in the shadows- that effect they used that had apparitions in the background? Awesome. Oh! I also liked that it was totally filmed in Utah. That funeral- I was trying to decide which cemetery in Provo they were at.
    The funeral was in Sandy for sure.

    What a messed up movie. Amazing acting, especially by the Mom and Son.

  17. #5807
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,824

    Default

    The only acceptable and available movie last night at the Cineplex was Ant-Man and the Wasp--the missus was surprisingly willing to join me, so off we went. I’m not much of a Marvel superhero fan, but I like the ones that have enough good dialogue and humor and this one qualifies. It’s better than the first Ant-Man (which I enjoyed), with several LOL moments, some great local shots (it’s set in San Francisco, Muir Woods, and Berkeley), and a strong cast (Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Laurence Fishburne, Michelle Pfeiffer, and the always funny Michael Pena, among others). It drags a bit whenever it tries to explain the “science,” although I liked one line mocking how everyone uses the word “quantum” in describing things. The movie is far more entertaining when it leaves the “quantum realm” for the streets of San Francisco. The device of superimposing Pena’s voice over several different characters talking during a recap of prior incidents, and a bit where seagulls near Pier 39 pick off various insects trying to help Ant-Man (“Murderers!”), were especially funny.

    Entertaining, plus my wife enjoyed it, which was nice.

  18. #5808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    The only acceptable and available movie last night at the Cineplex was Ant-Man and the Wasp--the missus was surprisingly willing to join me, so off we went. I’m not much of a Marvel superhero fan, but I like the ones that have enough good dialogue and humor and this one qualifies. It’s better than the first Ant-Man (which I enjoyed), with several LOL moments, some great local shots (it’s set in San Francisco, Muir Woods, and Berkeley), and a strong cast (Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Laurence Fishburne, Michelle Pfeiffer, and the always funny Michael Pena, among others). It drags a bit whenever it tries to explain the “science,” although I liked one line mocking how everyone uses the word “quantum” in describing things. The movie is far more entertaining when it leaves the “quantum realm” for the streets of San Francisco. The device of superimposing Pena’s voice over several different characters talking during a recap of prior incidents, and a bit where seagulls near Pier 39 pick off various insects trying to help Ant-Man (“Murderers!”), were especially funny.

    Entertaining, plus my wife enjoyed it, which was nice.
    It has Paul Rudd in it, which means I would absolutely watch it.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

  19. #5809
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    The only acceptable and available movie last night at the Cineplex was Ant-Man and the Wasp--the missus was surprisingly willing to join me, so off we went. I’m not much of a Marvel superhero fan, but I like the ones that have enough good dialogue and humor and this one qualifies. It’s better than the first Ant-Man (which I enjoyed), with several LOL moments, some great local shots (it’s set in San Francisco, Muir Woods, and Berkeley), and a strong cast (Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Laurence Fishburne, Michelle Pfeiffer, and the always funny Michael Pena, among others). It drags a bit whenever it tries to explain the “science,” although I liked one line mocking how everyone uses the word “quantum” in describing things. The movie is far more entertaining when it leaves the “quantum realm” for the streets of San Francisco. The device of superimposing Pena’s voice over several different characters talking during a recap of prior incidents, and a bit where seagulls near Pier 39 pick off various insects trying to help Ant-Man (“Murderers!”), were especially funny.

    Entertaining, plus my wife enjoyed it, which was nice.
    Going to go see it tomorrow. I actually liked the first Ant Man. A comic book movie that didn't suck!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  20. #5810
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,990

    Default

    Cinema Paradiso. OK, I am only 30 years late. Sue me.

    Now I understand the hype. What a gem. And if there is a cuter kid in a movie, I haven't seen it yet.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  21. #5811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Cinema Paradiso. OK, I am only 30 years late. Sue me.

    Now I understand the hype. What a gem. And if there is a cuter kid in a movie, I haven't seen it yet.
    Love that movie. Which version did you watch -- director's cut, or theatrical? I was told to stick to theatrical and have never seen the director's cut. Heard it adds info that some people think it's better off without.

  22. #5812
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,118

    Default

    Saw the new Ant Man movie tonight. I don't care what Walter thinks, I had a good time. And I can almost start to understand funk's Paul Rudd boner.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  23. #5813
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armenag View Post
    Love that movie. Which version did you watch -- director's cut, or theatrical? I was told to stick to theatrical and have never seen the director's cut. Heard it adds info that some people think it's better off without.
    Not sure. Whatever is on Netflix.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  24. #5814
    вот так штука CardiacCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The SLC
    Posts
    10,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Cinema Paradiso. OK, I am only 30 years late. Sue me.

    Now I understand the hype. What a gem. And if there is a cuter kid in a movie, I haven't seen it yet.
    I watched that at “International Cinema” in the SWKT at BYU. Good times!

  25. #5815
    Board Bookworm happyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Davis County
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    You'd have to be pretty heartless not to enjoy Won't You Be My Neighbor?, the story of Fred Rogers. His eponymous show began after my childhood, and my initial reaction when I saw it for the first time with my oldest daughter when she was a toddler was that the show was ridiculously simple, even stupid. But she (and subsequent kids) loved it and the show explains why. Taking all of the standard elements of TV and doing pretty much the opposite, Fred Rogers created a show where his audience learned some very important lessons in a comfortable and loving environment. The guy was pretty amazing, and the private Fred Rogers was pretty much the same as his television persona. One son says something like, "Imagine being raised by a second Christ."

    The only ones with anything bad to say about the guy are a couple of Fox News commentators who blame him for kids being so soft today (people shouldn't feel good about themselves until they accomplish something). The Westboro Church also demonstrated at his funeral in 2003 because he was tolerant of gays, apparently.

    An enjoyable 90 minutes, with Rotten Tomatoes ratings (critics and audeinces) of 99%.
    Went and saw this yesterday - great way to spend 90 minutes. I loved the scene where he is testifying before congress in the late '60s to prevent the cutting of the PBS budget.

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

  26. #5816
    Major disappointment The_Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,506

    Default

    AntMan and the Wasp. Movie was fun.

    I'll say this again...Michael Pena steals the show. He's awesome in everything he does.

  27. #5817
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    AntMan and the Wasp. Movie was fun.

    I'll say this again...Michael Pena steals the show. He's awesome in everything he does.
    I agree, he was hilarious. But I can't say he's awesome in everything he does. He was horrible in Shooter, which, until I saw the two Ant Man movies, was all I knew he from.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  28. #5818
    Pre-Historic Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Allendale County, SC
    Posts
    11,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    Went and saw this yesterday - great way to spend 90 minutes. I loved the scene where he is testifying before congress in the late '60s to prevent the cutting of the PBS budget.
    An excellent expose on the man. I had no idea the series lasted until 2001. I remember it in the 1960s and early 70s, with my siblings watching it.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

  29. #5819
    Major disappointment The_Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I agree, he was hilarious. But I can't say he's awesome in everything he does. He was horrible in Shooter, which, until I saw the two Ant Man movies, was all I knew he from.
    I thought he was good in Shooter. He also was great in Collateral Beauty. Highly underrated actor.

  30. #5820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    AntMan and the Wasp. Movie was fun.

    I'll say this again...Michael Pena steals the show. He's awesome in everything he does.
    No one steals a show from Paul Rudd. No one.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

    He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •