No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennifer Lawrence has starred in numerous pictures more exciting than the Hunger Games.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      Jennifer Lawrence has starred in numerous pictures more exciting than the Hunger Games.
      Perv!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Watched Hunger Games newest movie last night. Sucked, I fell asleep.
        That does suck that you fell asleep. She's pretty hot. #sjbh
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Just saw Interstellar rather than BYU vs WGAF. Really liked it.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• I saw Interstellar with my wife last night. We loved it.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Interstellar - Fun movie and classic Nolan where the beginning and body of the movie were great, but the climax/end just doesn't need to be 30 minutes long. I also hate how he pretty much explains everything. It would be better if he just stopped telling us everything that is going on and used the movie medium to tell the story. I saw it in Imax and it was stunning both visually and musically. The score of the movie was amazing and really added to the depth. I didn't have the other issues people mentioned with the sound drowning out the dialogue, in fact I think it was all spot on in terms of intensity and clarity. This is a movie I'll likely not own at any point, as the story really wasn't that compelling and it just won't look great on my non-Imax screen at home....maybe someday I'll get one of those big movie rooms with awesome sounds, then it might be worth it. I did really like the scene that PAC alluded to with McConaughy driving off, there definitely was some very good moments in the whole film.

Fury - Overly, overly dramatic/gory. The theme of it was simply that war sucks but they really wanted you to know that it sucks....it's not that it was overly gory, but they seemed to go to too great of lengths to depict that. The story was just too heavy handed, except for one spot, which was the scene in the kitchen. That scene was spectacular both from the whole idea of the scene to the acting. They could have cut the movie down by 30 minutes (without touching that scene) and the movie would have been much better.

Gone Girl - Someone called this movie a "lifetime" movie and I have to agree. The plot would have been really interesting but the storytelling was flatter than Taylor Swift's chest circa 2013. I liked how they pealed back pieces from Affleck's character's life, but they didn't do any of it delicately or in an intricate way. It was almost scripted (forgetting the irony in that statement). The ending was also really dumb.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Saw hunger games. Not too shabby- followed the book pretty well as i recall. I thought the book was pretty goofy in lots of parts. The movie didnt sidestep those and comes off pretty melodramatic at times. I was ok with that, though. Its hunger games and I knew that when I sat down.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Just saw Nightcrawler. Laughed at the opening sequence with all the establishing shots of LA. Downtown, views over the valley, Griffith Observatory...Mormon temple :rockon2:
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• "The Theory of Everything"

Redmayne does an excellence job playing Stephen Hawking. Even Hawking himself agrees. The movie mainly focuses on his life with his wife and the incredible battle Hawking has with Lou Gehrig's disease.

At one point of the movie I got the impression that the well known atheist, Hawking, concedes that there is a god, which I thought was interesting. I am guessing that at that point of his life he was down on his theory that everything came from nothing. Of course, in another part of the movie it seems to reinforce his thinking that he doesn't believe in miracles and only science.

Overall the movie is worth seeing especially if you are Hawking's fanboy. If you are not so much of a fan then you may just want to wait for the DVD or Netflix release to see it.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Not sure where this goes, but apparently they're making a four movie adaptation of The Stand. Although I don't really read too many fictional novels anymore, I used to read quite a few of them and I used to read the "big" writers -- King, Clancy, Grisham, Crichton, etc. The best of these, by far, was King. King was the source material for some all time great movies -- The Shining, Stand by Me and The Shawshank Redemption. Then there's a number of really good to pretty good movies after that -- Misery, The Dead Zone, Dolores Claiborne, The Green Mile, etc.

Among King's fans, or at least people that have read a number of his novels (including The Stand), The Stand is listed as their favorite by a majority.

Anyway, Matthew McConaughey is playing the lead bad guy:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...ing-adaptation
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        Not sure where this goes, but apparently they're making a four movie adaptation of The Stand. Although I don't really read too many fictional novels anymore, I used to read quite a few of them and I used to read the "big" writers -- King, Clancy, Grisham, Crichton, etc. The best of these, by far, was King. King was the source material for some all time great movies -- The Shining, Stand by Me and The Shawshank Redemption. Then there's a number of really good to pretty good movies after that -- Misery, The Dead Zone, Dolores Claiborne, The Green Mile, etc.

Among King's fans, or at least people that have read a number of his novels (including The Stand), The Stand is listed as their favorite by a majority.

Anyway, Matthew McConaughey is playing the lead bad guy:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...ing-adaptation
                        I hope they do this well, because the miniseries was horrible.

Now they just need someone good to do the Dark Tower series that has been talked about for a long time.

Comment

• Nice! The Stand has been on my to-read list for a long time. Now that there is a likely-good series of movies to ruin, that might be just the prodding I need.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• The Stand is my favorite King novel; everytime there is a new outbreak of a communicable disease, I always think of Captain Trips. McConaughey is perfect for Flagg; now I can watch the movie and hate him with the fire of a thousand suns.

Comment

• I started reading the Stand over Christmas break in 1990, and probably got through a couple hundred pages traveling down to the 1990 Holiday Bowl. The Stand was exponentially better than the bowl game.

Comment

• Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part I.

This had the potential to be really boring, but I think I liked it better than the first two. You obviously don't get the action-packed scenes in the arena that you got in the others, but I think they set the series up nicely for an incredible finale.
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X