No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri.

Not at all what I expected. Wife and I loved it. Some powerful messages about empathy.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri.

Not at all what I expected. Wife and I loved it. Some powerful messages about empathy.
      I'm looking forward to watching it again. One of the things I liked most was that pretty much every character turned out to be something very different (with more interesting depth) from what I had expected after their initial appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        I'm looking forward to watching it again. One of the things I liked most was that pretty much every character turned out to be something very different (with more interesting depth) from what I had expected after their initial appearance.
        Yes. Exactly. And lots of plot twists.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Black Panther was kind of shitty. Armored rhinoceri play a big part in the key action sequence at the end of the movie. The CGI from the original Jurassic Park movie also looked more convincing and this movie has a shitload of it. I'm joining Walter in a comic book movie boycott this year -- with the exception of Deadpool 2 (not really a typical comic book franchise).

HTF did Captain America Civil War and Black Panther get reviews like they were The Godfather or Shawshank? Total forgettable rubbish, I'm done with it.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            I finally watched Get Out. I really enjoyed it. I think the movie would have been better though if Paul Rudd was in it, but at least Jimmy James had a role.
            I haven't watched it, but my wife watched it the other day. When she was half way through, I asked her if it was scary. She said it was basically a bunch of white people being weird (at least, to that point).
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
              Black Panther was kind of shitty. Armored rhinoceri play a big part in the key action sequence at the end of the movie. The CGI from the original Jurassic Park movie also looked more convincing and this movie has a shitload of it. I'm joining Walter in a comic book movie boycott this year -- with the exception of Deadpool 2 (not really a typical comic book franchise).

HTF did Captain America Civil War and Black Panther get reviews like they were The Godfather or Shawshank? Total forgettable rubbish, I'm done with it.
              Translation: I'm going to boycott superhero/comic book movies, unless its one I really want to see.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Black Panther was kind of shitty. Armored rhinoceri play a big part in the key action sequence at the end of the movie. The CGI from the original Jurassic Park movie also looked more convincing and this movie has a shitload of it. I'm joining Walter in a comic book movie boycott this year -- with the exception of Deadpool 2 (not really a typical comic book franchise).

How would you compare the quality of Deadpool with that of Black Panther? Is that movie more like The Godfather or Shawshank?
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I'm joining Walter in a comic book movie boycott this year

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan
                  Shawshank has an iMDB rating of 9.3
                  Godfather, 9.2

Black Panther is not even close... 7.8
                  Captain America: Civil War... 7.8

Best Picture Academy Award winning Shape of Water... 7.6
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• It ticks me off that Walter is getting all the anti-comic-book-movie credit.

Comment

• Hurricane Heist last night. Opening night and I was the only human in the theater.

It was as terrible as you would expect. Y'all would love it.

Thanks moviepass!

Comment

• The Glass Castle. My wife and I had read the book, so we enjoyed it. Nice story of survival, redemption, and forgiveness.

Comment

• 7 Days in Entebbe. It was mediocre and less of a thriller than it should've been, which was a shame as the director helmed one of my all-time favorites, Elite Squad: The Enemy Within.

I also saw The Strangers: Prey at Night, which was pretty terrible, even by slasher standards.
                          Last edited by frank ryan; 03-18-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• I, Tonya

Had no idea what to expect. Wife and I both thought it was fantastic. Excellent casting and actng. Unique storytelling method.

Comment

• Tomb Raider: Meh.

Comment

• Finally saw Murder on the Orient Express thanks to Red Box.

I thought it was entertaining, and enjoyed it enough. Certainly a great cast.

But I thought it was also missing whatever quality there is that certain movies have which make it so you want to see them over and over again. Good, but not great.

Comment

Working...
                                X