The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Highwaymen - Watched it with MJ. Overall, the production, script and acting were top notch (which is saying something for Kevin Costner). Netflix is obviously upping their game. The story was good but the movie was maybe 20 minutes too long. I missed about 30 minutes in hte middle when I fell asleep but woke up soon enough to see the ending, including the lead up to the ending.
    Saw that one. Thumbs up but not great. Maybe about a 7.4.
    Last edited by jay santos; 04-15-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

• Shazam. I liked it. Rule #1 of superhero movies for those non-diehard fans: don’t take yourself too seriously.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Still not sure how I feel about this one. I saw it a while back (I don't think I typed my review) and it took me a good thirty minutes to figure out who Casey Affleck was as I couldn't pinpoint the actor. Weird since I"ve seen plenty of movies with him. But then I was pretty far into the movie nad hadn't really paid attention to the plot, which wasn't too much of an issue for this movie. I mean, Robert Ford kills Brad Pitt and that's kind of it except the end is intersting with the whole reenactment show and all. Kind of a ho-hum western. Didn'nt fall asleep, oddly enough.
        I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during that one, but in its defense I probably started watching it pretty late at night.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Finally got around to seeing Hidden Figures. Loved it. Love Kevin Costner's character - he played it well.

Also saw Shazam. I'm an admitted superhero fanboy, so this won't help many of you, but I enjoyed it. I definitely liked it better than Aquaman.

And I know half of you don't care - but I'm looking forward to Infinity War: End Game this coming weekend. Need to get some tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            And I know half of you don't care - but I'm looking forward to Infinity War: End Game this coming weekend. Need to get some tickets!
            I'm a little behind and I'm not sure I can (or want to) get caught up before End Game. Still haven't seen Infinity War or Captain Marvel.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I'm a little behind and I'm not sure I can (or want to) get caught up before End Game. Still haven't seen Infinity War or Captain Marvel.
              The only 2 you need to see (reportedly) are Infinity War and Captain America:Civil War.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                The only 2 you need to see (reportedly) are Infinity War and Captain America:Civil War.
                I've seen Civil War. Captain Marvel isn't in this?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I've seen Civil War. Captain Marvel isn't in this?
                  Yeah, but it's not essential that you know her backstory I guess...
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    Yeah, but it's not essential that you know her backstory I guess...
                    Heh.

Which one of these is CM?

superheroine-costumes.jpg
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Get caught up before you watch End Game:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        Heh.

[ATTACH]9508[/ATTACH]
                        I think that should be Goat's avatar. But in seriousness, I think Cap'n Marvel was one of the most fun and entertaining Marvel movies yet. These weirdos who protest female leads, complaining about some sort of 'agenda' being shoved down their throats are morons. You saw the same thing w the release of the new Star Wars movies, which contain females in prominent leads just like.. the original Star Wars movies. Hmmm.

Comment

• I saw Shazam. Nothing amazing but it was harmless entertainment and better than most of the schlock DC has put out there besides Wonder Woman.

Comment

• Saw Captain Marvel. Pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              Heh.

[ATTACH]9508[/ATTACH]
                              CM - is that Captain Marvel...or Captain Magnificent?!!

Comment

• Anyone going to see Endgame? I haven't seen Captain Marble or Shazam. I'm sure the wife is going to want to see it, but I have superhero fatigue. Not at all interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X