The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We always seem to be a few months behind on things, but we finally watched The Greatest Showman last night. Fantastic! We loved it.
    All aboard the TGS train... CHUGGA chugga chugga CHUGGA chugga chugga CHOO CHOOOOOOO!!

Originally posted by Commando View Post
    His #1 all time movie is probably Se7en or something...
    My all-time fave, the only movie I have rated 10/10, a perfect film:

ra.jpg

Okay, then.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Not for everyone, but I enjoyed The Death of Stalin, a lot. The basic story (Stalin's stroke, then death, then the power struggle and coup) is fairly accurate, but it's presented with a fine combination of Monty Python and Dr. Strangelove, which is to be expected since it's done by Veep's Armando Iannucci. Steve Buscemi's Khrushchev and Jeffrey Tambor's Malenkov are excellent; actually, pretty much everyone is great.

https://youtu.be/9_5Uz5JbQs0
      Saw this last night with my wife (Happy Mother’s Day eve!) and we both really enjoyed it. Agree that pretty much everyone is great. Loved Buscemi as Khrushchev and Michael Palin as Molotov.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Finally saw A Quiet Place.

Loved it. Intense moments, for sure.

Comment

• I figured that the act of my daughter illegally streaming 'Coco' and me distracted by work would help negate any good juju, and stem an emotional response from me.

Nope. Hopefully my daughter didn't notice.

What a great movie. Again.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
            Saw this last night with my wife (Happy Mother’s Day eve!) and we both really enjoyed it. Agree that pretty much everyone is great. Loved Buscemi as Khrushchev and Michael Palin as Molotov.
            It was a marvelous experience mixing the pathos of the historical incidents with a dark humor that only that cast could have pulled off.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              I figured that the act of my daughter illegally streaming 'Coco' and me distracted by work would help negate any good juju, and stem an emotional response from me.

Nope. Hopefully my daughter didn't notice.

What a great movie. Again.
              I watched on the plane from New York to Vegas, and had to lean my seat back, in order to conceal the emotional response. Not having lived any time other than a brief vacation in Latin America, I never developed an appreciation for El Dia de Los Muertos. What an astounding manner in showing a profound appreciation for the cultural celebration.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Disney is going to have to rethink its Star Wars strategy. Supposedly this Solo movie, which I refuse to watch, is going to underperform another movie I refused to watch, Justice League.

Justice League's performance was the culmination of Zach Snyder misfires that happened to make money -- the Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Justice League in it's own right was supposedly terrible and the brand couldn't save it.

Solo is supposed to also be terrible, and because of the horrible Last Jedi, the brand isn't saving it.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  Disney is going to have to rethink its Star Wars strategy. Supposedly this Solo movie, which I refuse to watch, is going to underperform another movie I refused to watch, Justice League.

Justice League's performance was the culmination of Zach Snyder misfires that happened to make money -- the Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Justice League in it's own right was supposedly terrible and the brand couldn't save it.

Solo is supposed to also be terrible, and because of the horrible Last Jedi, the brand isn't saving it.
                  Solo was great fun. I enjoyed it a lot. I don't care at all about the whole Star Wars canon business. I don't know any Star Wars trivia. It was a fun movie and I don't need to over analyze it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    Disney is going to have to rethink its Star Wars strategy. Supposedly this Solo movie, which I refuse to watch, is going to underperform another movie I refused to watch, Justice League.

Whoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Deadpool 2 killed. It was funny as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        Deadpool 2 killed. It was funny as hell.
                        Just saw it today. Unbelievably inappropriate. And pretty funny.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          Just saw it today. Unbelievably inappropriate. And pretty funny.
                          Everyone should know that going in after seeing the first movie. It exceeded my expectations greatly.

I am watching Solo on Monday morning. I will return and report on how wrong CMBF is. From everyone I have talked with, the movie is great. Less TLJ and more Rogue One.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Solo was great fun. I enjoyed it a lot. I don't care at all about the whole Star Wars canon business. I don't know any Star Wars trivia. It was a fun movie and I don't need to over analyze it.
                            Agree with this. Solo was a lot of fun if you don't overthink it. I got invited to a prerelease screening full of nerds. The applause shook the room.

Deadpool was awesome.

Comment

• Solo was badass-quite far from 'terrible.' Ron Howard doesn't just take cinematic dumps- lol @ wishful thinking dorks that thought that's what was going to happen b/c they are mad that Luke died in TLJ.

The story was pretty straight-forward as sort of an origin/background story that also serves to expand the universe with more characters and entities, with a solid turn from Alden E. as Young Han and great presence from Woody Harrelson, Khaleesi, and obviously Childish Gambino. Pretty reminiscent of Rogue One with its exploration of the SW universe that doesn't mention or know about lightsabers.

Aside from the main storyline, lots of deep dives into canon with easter eggs and teases- including one gigantic one at the end- indicating that the movies are going to delve into Dave Filoni (the genius behind the Clone Wars/Rebels series) territory.
                              Last edited by Commando; 05-27-2018, 03:05 AM.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Was struck by how close Childish Gambino's speech and mannerisms and look echoed Billy Dee Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X