Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141
Results 4,201 to 4,205 of 4205

Thread: The "last movie I saw" thread

Mad Max: Fury Road - super awesome movie. It would have been even better on the big screen. The whole thing was great from the story to the action to the acting. Not a great movie but it was super awesome.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Unforgiven is also one of my favorite westerns. I recently rewatched the Coen brother's remake of True Grit and liked it more than the previous viewings. Still not in the same category as Unforgiven.

For fans of Unforgiven, another western to consider is The Proposition (2005).
    Another recent Western entry to consider is Slow West, available to stream on Amazon Prime. It kinda has a Coen brother's vibe.
    YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE

Speaking of Eastwood, I caught Thunderbolt and Lightfoot the other day. The Eastwood scowl (and obligatory shirt-less scenes), Jeff Bridges in drag (looking good too), car chase through a drive-in movie?!

Long live the 70s.

Also, they don't make movie posters like they used to...

Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 08-27-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: fixed image URL... oops.
    YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Speaking of Eastwood, I caught Thunderbolt and Lightfoot the other day. The Eastwood scowl (and obligatory shirt-less scenes), Jeff Bridges in drag (looking good too), car chase through a drive-in movie?!

Long live the 70s.

Also, they don't make movie posters like they used to...

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot has always been a favorite of mine. Some scenes in that film remind me of the Coen brothers and I wonder if that film had an influence on them. I'll add the scene where George Kennedy, playing a hardened misanthrope gangster, is driving an ice cream truck trying to earn money for the heist.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Thunderbolt and Lightfoot has always been a favorite of mine. Some scenes in that film remind me of the Coen brothers and I wonder if that film had an influence on them. I'll add the scene where George Kennedy, playing a hardened misanthrope gangster, is driving an ice cream truck trying to earn money for the heist.
    You left out the part where he tells the kid to go "f%$# a duck".

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The movie has everything! Like hitchhiking with a redneck and a racoon accompanied by a trunk full of rabbits.

LOL!
    YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE