• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Welcome to Marwen..

Disappointing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It got really bad reviews.

Comment

• The Spiderman movie was awful. I swore off superhero movies, but the 8.8 IMDB 97% RT roped me in. The 40% of the movie that wasn't chase or fight scenes was passable I guess. With Marwen, Mortal Engines, this, and Aquaman, Hollywood screwed us this year when it comes to family movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        The Spiderman movie was awful. I swore off superhero movies, but the 8.8 IMDB 97% RT roped me in. The 40% of the movie that wasn't chase or fight scenes was passable I guess. With Marwen, Mortal Engines, this, and Aquaman, Hollywood screwed us this year when it comes to family movies.
        I liked Aquaman, but I expected it to be cliche and admit it was nothing to write home about. I don’t know if I’ll see Spiderman.

Comment

• I didn't mind spiderman. It was about as good as a cartoon like this can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
            My wife keeps wanting to watch these superhero movies and despite knowing better I keep taking her. It was Aquaman last night and I thought it topped them all, for terribleness. It was a jumbled mess, different sea kingdoms fighting other sea kingdoms and some random surface dudes getting in the mix also with Aquaman being in the middle of it all. It was not only bad, it was long bad at 143 minutes. Just brutal.
            I think you should stop seeing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              You know, it's marriage, a little give and take but I'm not sure how many more I can handle.
              You need to enact the Johansson standard, which states that a comic book movie is not worth watching, unless Scarlett Johansson plays a significant role.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• They Shall Not Grow Old, Peter Jackson’s WWI documentary using colorized footage and previously recorded Commonwealth veteran voice over.

I thought it was well made and the color addition to black and white footage didn’t seem artificial. Very grim reminder of the horror, violence, and disease associated with war.
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  They Shall Not Grow Old, Peter Jackson’s WWI documentary using colorized footage and previously recorded Commonwealth veteran voice over.

I thought it was well made and the color addition to black and white footage didn’t seem artificial. Very grim reminder of the horror, violence, and disease associated with war.
                  Looks like this one is not yet available in my neck of the woods.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Looks like this one is not yet available in my neck of the woods.
                    I think it is a limited release and was only shown in theaters on the 7th and 27th of this month. Based on the crowd that was there I wouldn’t be surprised if they schedule additional showings.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

I think it is a limited release and was only shown in theaters on the 7th and 27th of this month. Based on the crowd that was there I wouldn’t be surprised if they schedule additional showings.
                      97% on RT. Seems pretty good.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

They Shall Not Grow Old, Peter Jackson’s WWI documentary using colorized footage and previously recorded Commonwealth veteran voice over.

I mentioned on the previous page that I loved this. Did you stay for the 30 minutes afterwards? Equally awesome.

Comment

• I got dragged by my son to Aquaman yesterday.

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Comment

• Saw The Lobster on cable. Why is it that I hated Joe Vs the Volcano, and Mother, but love Dogtooth and The Lobster?

Comment

• Ready Player One...only okay.

I read the book. Loved the book. Movie is about 15% accurate to the book.

That is where I get letdown....I spent the entire movie pointing out the stuff that isn't correct to the book. Terrible habit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                                Ready Player One...only okay.

I read the book. Loved the book. Movie is about 15% accurate to the book.

That is where I get letdown....I spent the entire movie pointing out the stuff that isn't correct to the book. Terrible habit.
                                Easy solution: stop reading books.
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X