The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    You are the outlier opinion that just gets thrown out. This movie pretty much garnered rave reviews from everyone I talked to and you give it a 2.5. Lol.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      You are the outlier opinion that just gets thrown out. This movie pretty much garnered rave reviews from everyone I talked to and you give it a 2.5. Lol.
      Sounds like a good case of confirmation bias.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Sounds like a good case of confirmation bias.
        I haven't seen it.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          If y'all loved the original Blade Runner back in 1982 then you may like the 2049 version as well. Same slow-moving film with the dark and twisted futuristic world like the original that answers a few questions but creates a few more. I predict it will be a cult classic as well. I wonder if they will do a voice over version of 2049 and get Harrison Ford to get stoned again.
          Wasn't the voiceover version of Blade Runner the one that was released in the theaters?
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
            Wasn't the voiceover version of Blade Runner the one that was released in the theaters?
            I believe it was the original release.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Dune was another movie that was cut and released in multiple forms. Coincidentally, the director of the new Blade Runner is making a new Dune movie (probably two movies, actually). Dune is an incredible book and it's too bad that the 80s movie botched it so badly. It's a really great piece Sci-Fi IP that Hollywood hasn't bothered to touch in over 30 years, not counting the Sy-Fy tv series from a while back.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Dune was another movie that was cut and released in multiple forms. Coincidentally, the director of the new Blade Runner is making a new Dune movie (probably two movies, actually). Dune is an incredible book and it's too bad that the 80s movie botched it so badly. It's a really great piece Sci-Fi IP that Hollywood hasn't bothered to touch in over 30 years, not counting the Sy-Fy tv series from a while back.
                Agree about Dune. Fantastic books.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Yes (and no). After mix reviews for the screening version Warner Bros. decided to bring Ford back in to add the voiceovers which became the theatrical cut.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    mrs smr convinced me to see wonder woman. on a scale from 1 -10, I've decided superhero movies have a ceiling of about a 3.5. I'd give ww a solid 2.5. incredibly dumb (like all superhero movies) and probably not worth the $2 or whatever i paid at the dollar theater, but it entertained me sufficiently and i enjoy hanging with the mrs, so I'd call it a success.
                    I actually agree with SMR. I was thoroughly disappointed with WW after getting caught up in all the pre-screening hype.
                    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Dune was another movie that was cut and released in multiple forms. Coincidentally, the director of the new Blade Runner is making a new Dune movie (probably two movies, actually). Dune is an incredible book and it's too bad that the 80s movie botched it so badly. It's a really great piece Sci-Fi IP that Hollywood hasn't bothered to touch in over 30 years, not counting the Sy-Fy tv series from a while back.
                      I enjoyed most of the Dune series though, it became a bit like Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, some of the later 1980s follow ups get a bit silly. I haven't read Brian Herbert's books. Have you? Are they worth reading?

I enjoyed Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, and God Emperor of Dune. I don't remember Heretics of Dune or Chapterhouse Dune. Maybe I'll go back and re-read them.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                        I actually agree with SMR. I was thoroughly disappointed with WW after getting caught up in all the pre-screening hype.
                        Coming from two Utes, I can understand why you are in bed together.

I enjoyed it as much as one can enjoy a comic book made movie, especially since my wife went and enjoyed herself. I would rate it about a 7.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Comic book movies are so dumb. No plans to see WW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I wasn't much impressed by WW, but I've talked with a few women of considerable intelligence who really liked it because of the feminist angle. It would be interesting to see a Rotten Tomatoes survey based on gender.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I wasn't much impressed by WW, but I've talked with a few women of considerable intelligence who really liked it because of the feminist angle. It would be interesting to see a Rotten Tomatoes survey based on gender.
                              A movie made for the era of social justice.

I know what you mean. I’ve seen a bunch of women on Facebook comment on how they were thrilled when they saw wonder woman’s thighs jiggle. “She’s one of us!”
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                Comic book movies are so dumb. No plans to see WW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Totally agree. Have only seen a few but they are stupid. I saw the Avengers because it was talked up so much. Really bad

Comment

Working...
                                X