No announcement yet.

The Official Los Angeles Must Eats thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random mexican delights around santee alley!
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      Random mexican delights around santee alley!
      We're probably within a ten-minute walk of each other.
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Good dinner at Baco Mercat tonight. Tried a bunch of tasty stuff, including their signature baco. Went with the oxtail hash version and it was really good. Throw in a lunch at In-N-Out and LA has been good to me!

Comment

Nice!! Just got back home to LA from Dallas. I didn't have anything to report in the "what's right about Texas" thread or anything of note that would qualify for a "must eats" thread for that matter. Glad LA is treating you right. Baco Mercat is great. I liked the yellowtail dish and bunch of other stuff I have now forgotten.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Just got home and popped the chocolate-hazelnut beignet I got at bottega louie in the microwave. Much more like a malasada than a traditional beignet, which means it was completely delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              So Bestia didn't disappoint. Lots of good stuff, but favorite was the spaghetti rustichella. Sea urchin, squid ink bottarga, garlic, calabrian chiles and breadcrumbs. That was a very good dish.
              All the talk of food today has me dreaming of this dish. Man it was good.

Comment

Bump for peeps who can't bother with a simple search.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Bump for peeps who can't bother with a simple search.
                  It's tough to search while using Tapatalk on an iPhone. On a larger device I would've tried. Mods, feel free to move my post and help DH out with his OCD.

EDIT: I fixed it myself. Today's good turn.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I saw this blog post and thought many here would like it:

50 Things You Need To Eat In LA Before You Die

http://spoonuniversity.com/live/50-t...efore-you-die/

Everything on the list that I've tried is great -- and there's quite a lot I've not even heard of. Anyway, enjoy.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

I ate at The Hat today on my drive back from San Diego. That was the best pastrami sandwich I have every had. Oh my goodness that was yummy. They have a few locations in southern California. I highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        I ate at The Hat today on my drive back from San Diego. That was the best pastrami sandwich I have every had. Oh my goodness that was yummy. They have a few locations in southern California. I highly recommend.
                        The Hat is an institution. And yes their pastrami sandwiches are awesome. Their chili cheese fries are just as amazing. I always visit at least once when I'm home. I saw Jay Leno at the Pasadena location in January.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

so good
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            The Hat is an institution. And yes their pastrami sandwiches are awesome. Their chili cheese fries are just as amazing. I always visit at least once when I'm home. I saw Jay Leno at the Pasadena location in January.
                            coincidentally, i was in pasadena this afternoon and went here. not a fan of the pastrami. chili cheese fries were fine.
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              coincidentally, i was in pasadena this afternoon and went here. not a fan of the pastrami. chili cheese fries were fine.
                              If you're still in Pasadena check out Dog Haus.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                If you're still in Pasadena check out Dog Haus.
                                Is that a chain? There is a Dog Haus in Sandy, Utah.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X