Best Modest Mouse Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Modest Mouse Album

I haven't listened to MM for a long time, but put on "The Moon & Antartica" this morning while running. Great album, in my opinion their best.

First Impressions of Earth.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I'm feeling nostalgic with the turn of the decade and taking a break from my usual podcasts and digging up my early 2000's stuff so back off Mr. James. And for the last time FIOE is a good album, "Is This It" a fantastic one.
      Last edited by Art Vandelay; 01-07-2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

lol
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I don't listen to much Modest Mouse. That said, of what I've heard, I'd also take Moon and Antartica.

Saw them in concert this year and they were kind of boring.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            I don't listen to much Modest Mouse. That said, of what I've heard, I'd also take Moon and Antartica.

Saw them in concert this year and they were kind of boring.
            they are boring live.

Moon's best song is Gravity Rides Everything. They sold out to and gave the rights to that song to Nissan minivans. boo!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

they are boring live.

Moon's best song is Gravity Rides Everything. They sold out to and gave the rights to that song to Nissan minivans. boo!
              Attaching your songs to products is the new music reality. Talking about "selling out" in this context doesn't mean much to the kids these days and is mostly an epitaph music snobs use when everyone finds out about "their" band.

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                Attaching your songs to products is the new music reality. Talking about "selling out" in this context doesn't mean much to the kids these days and is mostly an epitaph music snobs use when everyone finds out about "their" band.
                I would agree. Selling out to me is a sound (see: the new Kings of Leon record), not use for commercial purposes. These dudes still have to make a living. It doesn't bother me at all that an awesome Phoenix song was on a car ad I saw the other day.
                Last edited by MarkGrace; 01-07-2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I like just about everything Modest Mouse has done over the years. I know I'm in the minority but I really enjoy the version of the band that includes Johnny Marr.

Comment

I liked Modest Mouse as Built To Spill.

Comment

I just bought tickets to see them on October 17th in Columbia.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        I just bought tickets to see them on October 17th in Columbia.
                        Saw them in May. Acoustics in the building were horrible, but it wasn't their fault and the show was a lot of fun.

Comment

I saw MM at the free concert series in SLC several years back. It was before they charged anything and it was packed with riff raff. Fun set, though. I don't think you could go wrong at a MM show.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                          X