Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    Where did you get it from, so I can get one when I am back.
    http://www.clydecommon.com/menus.aspx?m=Lunch

It's not you typical greasy spoon burger, but it's damn good and pretty reasonably priced for what it is. Also, if you go at happy hour I think it's like $5 or $6.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• I'm late jumping in to this thread but I've got a few comments. Sorry, I don't have time to quote......

1. My FIL is the last of the Dunfords to run Dunford Bakery. He retired in November. The chocolate chocolate donut is wonderful, but I do admit that in SLC you cannot beat a Banbury Cross cinnamon-crumb donut.

2. I realize it was a joke but the italian place on University in Provo/Orem with the trees on the roof is Carraba's, not Johnny Carinos. I ate at Johnny Carino's once - it was a bland Olive Garden, if such a thing is possible. I think Carraba's is pretty good for it's type of restaurant.

3. All BBQ tastes the same? Different meats, different cooking/prep styles, different sauces/rubs....I can't think of a food type with more variety.

4. I've never been a fan of beef ribs. And I was born in Texas.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
        2. I realize it was a joke but the italian place on University in Provo/Orem with the trees on the roof is Carraba's, not Johnny Carinos. I ate at Johnny Carino's once - it was a bland Olive Garden, if such a thing is possible. I think Carraba's is pretty good for it's type of restaurant.
        I really like Carraba's, and I have a great Carraba's story: I went there with a woman last year. We had a great dinner...yada, yada, yada, I'm pretty sure I can never go back there again.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
          I really like Carraba's, and I have a great Carraba's story: I went there with a woman last year. We had a great dinner...yada, yada, yada, I'm pretty sure I can never go back there again.
          Ooooo... We need the dirt!

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
            Ooooo... We need the dirt!
            Just guessing, but I'm pretty sure he just "yada'ed" sex.
            There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
            Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
            And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

• Originally posted by landpoke View Post
              Just guessing, but I'm pretty sure he just "yada'ed" sex.
              Not sex, but not one of my finer moments. Definitely not a story for this forum, probably not even for the SE. It's one of those stories you only tell when it's 3:00 am, and your buddy is pushing the seventh Remy in front of your face.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Ate lunch today in SLC with my brothers. We went to ACME Burgers. I got their classic burger Caprese style and it was very good. Granted, they did not have any green chile cheeseburgers on the menu, but I really enjoyed the burger.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

• When I lived in SLC my favorites were breakfast at the Judge, lunch at Lamb's Grill and dinner at Red Butte Cafe. But that was some time ago now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8BR View Post
                    When I lived in SLC my favorites were breakfast at the Judge, lunch at Lamb's Grill and dinner at Red Butte Cafe. But that was some time ago now.
                    Is the Judge in the basement of some building around 5th east and 1st or 2nd south? I can't remember the name of the place but that sounds familiar. If it is, I loved eating there for breakfast but from what I understand it isn't open anymore.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                      Is the Judge in the basement of some building around 5th east and 1st or 2nd south? I can't remember the name of the place but that sounds familiar. If it is, I loved eating there for breakfast but from what I understand it isn't open anymore.
                      It's on the backside of the Jvdge building (just off Main). I worked around the corner when I was at the U and liked to drop in when I could for breakfast.

Back in the day a few Jazz players would eat breakfast there too. I'd guess once a week Karl Malone would eat there, but that didn't stop me from going.

Comment

It's on the backside of the Jvdge building (just off Main). I worked around the corner when I was at the U and liked to drop in when I could for breakfast.

Back in the day a few Jazz players would eat breakfast there too. I'd guess once a week Karl Malone would eat there, but that didn't stop me from going.
                        O.k. I am thinking of a totally different place for breakfast. I have eaten at the Judge a couple of times but it was for lunch.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Just looked online, and while there is a Jugde, you're right it's not the same one from back in mid-90s.

Comment

• Does anybody else like Ruth's Diner? Food's good (although nothing memorable) and the atmosphere (on a summer evening) with such a short drive is hard to beat.
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                              Does anybody else like Ruth's Diner? Food's good (although nothing memorable) and the atmosphere (on a summer evening) with such a short drive is hard to beat.
                              I love Ruth's Diner. We live about 45 minutes away but make it a point to go there for breakfast and eat outside once a summer. Great place to eat.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                                I love Ruth's Diner. We live about 45 minutes away but make it a point to go there for breakfast and eat outside once a summer. Great place to eat.
                                Yes! Ruth's! Definitely a fun place to go eat. It is so beautiful up that Emm. Canyon.

Not in SLC, but can I get witness for Maddox in Brigham City?

Comment

Working...
                                X