Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    I love BBQ. All kinds.

FM do you ever do beef ribs? Man I love beef ribs. Tough to find here though.
    Ditto, I prefer them over pork ribs. My only qualm with Pat's is they only do the pig

FWIW the best beef ribs I ever had was at Neely's Interstate in Southaven, MS, which is suburban Memphis. (Not to be confused with Neely's, which is featured on The Food Network; Neely's Interstate is run by his father, who has been doing it thirty years longer).

For those who don't like them saucy (aka "wet"), you can also get them with a dry rub and just enjoy the natural flavors. So tender that they fall right off the bone.

BBQ joints that bake their own bread are another plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
      Ditto, I prefer them over pork ribs. My only qualm with Pat's is they only do the pig

FWIW the best beef ribs I ever had was at Neely's Interstate in Southaven, MS, which is suburban Memphis. (Not to be confused with Neely's, which is featured on The Food Network; Neely's Interstate is run by his father, who has been doing it thirty years longer).

For those who don't like them saucy (aka "wet"), you can also get them with a dry rub and just enjoy the natural flavors. So tender that they fall right off the bone.

BBQ joints that bake their own bread are another plus.
      Man I just saw a Food Network special that had Daisy May's BBQ in NYC. The beef ribs there looked insanely good. I am so pissed I had never heard of that place before. I was in NYC every month for work before I was laid off. Anyone eaten there before?
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Anyone been to Everett and Jones in Hayward, CA? Can I get an amen on that sauce?
        "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Every BBQ place I've ever eaten at tastes that same. The only thing to distinguish them all is the sauce you can put on them. I don't know what all the hype is about. BBQ is fine, but its nothing to get all excited about.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by scandell View Post
            I worked at Cafe Peirpont as a waiter for over a year...I would never eat there again...
            When did you work there?
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
              When did you work there?
              Let me think....I worked there Summer 2000- Summer 2001

Comment

The recipe that LEb posted and that myself and I know DDD have both used regarding making ribs is pretty good.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                  Mark Dean's BBQ in Azle
                  Rudy's BBQ in Denton
                  Babe's Chicken in some tiny little town north of Ft Worth and south of Denton (Roanoke?)

Joe T Garcia's in Ft. Worth

Comment

I worked at Cafe Peirpont as a waiter for over a year...I would never eat there again...
                    Might be one of the worst places to eat in Salt Lake. Thank goodness it closed.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                      I do good with brisket, pork shoulders, etc. but ribs are only so-so. Haven't mastered the fall of the bone ribs yet.
                      You are not giving yourself enough credit on your Brisket. You do great with Brisket.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Hmmm... What REALLY went on in the kitchen? My sister worked there too... 1999ish - 2001ish...

I hear Cafe Pierpont is now defunct...

Post Edit:

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        Might be one of the worst places to eat in Salt Lake. Thank goodness it closed.
                        I didn't read your post before I posted mine. I LOVED Cafe Pierpont. What didn't you like about it?
                        Last edited by SuperGabers; 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          whoops.
                          whoops? What did I do, DDD?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                            Hmmm... What REALLY went on in the kitchen? My sister worked there too... 1999ish - 2001ish...

I hear Cafe Pierpont is now defunct...

Post Edit:

I didn't read your post before I posted mine. I LOVED Cafe Pierpont. What didn't you like about it?
                            One noun, One verb, One Preposition

Cockroaches Dropping Down

Comment

One noun, One verb, One Preposition

Cockroaches Dropping Down
                              A couple of my brothers worked in commercial HVAC pre-mission. After one related watching a (dead?) rat fall out of a newly unscrewed ceiling vent of a local restaurant, landing on his coworker's face (who was atop the ladder with the screwdriver), I became much more of a eat-in kind of gal.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                                A couple of my brothers worked in commercial HVAC pre-mission. After one related watching a (dead?) rat fall out of a newly unscrewed ceiling vent of a local restaurant, landing on his coworker's face (who was atop the ladder with the screwdriver), I became much more of a eat-in kind of gal.
                                I was walking out of Kohler's the other day and a mouse crossed my path as it scurried along the building.
                                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Working...
                                X