X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
    Mark Dean's BBQ in Azle
    Rudy's BBQ in Denton
    Queue jokes about how Dallas food is soooo one-dimensional.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
      Mark Dean's BBQ in Azle
      Rudy's BBQ in Denton
      i would venture to guess that a vast majority of those random roadhouse BBQs in Texas are going to be very delish and much better than most of the fare you get along the wasatch.

we ate at some BBQ joint when we were out for the BLUE RIVER SHOOTouT.....me, my FIL, and dano....it was really good. I have the business card somewhere, can't remember the name.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        i would venture to guess that a vast majority of those random roadhouse BBQs in Texas are going to be very delish and much better than most of the fare you get along the wasatch.

we ate at some BBQ joint when we were out for the BLUE RIVER SHOOTouT.....me, my FIL, and dano....it was really good. I have the business card somewhere, can't remember the name.
        Every BBQ place I've ever eaten at tastes that same. The only thing to distinguish them all is the sauce you can put on them. I don't know what all the hype is about. BBQ is fine, but its nothing to get all excited about.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I would agree with this. I will caveat that I have not yet been to Pat's nor have I really explored the BBQ scene here. But in general, any random tin shack BBQ joint in Dallas will be excellent. There is this place in Irving we used to go to when I worked over there that is a total dive ... some of the best BBQ ever. And based on the pics and other stuff on the walls apparently a lot of Cowboy players think so too.

With BBQ it's about the pit ... end of story.
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Every BBQ place I've ever eaten at tastes that same. The only thing to distinguish them all is the sauce you can put on them. I don't know what all the hype is about. BBQ is fine, but its nothing to get all excited about.
            Have you had BBQ at an authentic joint in the South?
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
              Of course. Which South?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yes, they served some tenderish meat with some sweet/spicy sauce on it.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Yes, they served some tenderish meat with some sweet/spicy sauce on it.
                  I'm beginning to understand why you like Cafe Rio so much.

Comment

I think this speaks more to your lack of familiarity with BBQ?

Some would say the same about pizza or Mexican or sushi. "it all tastes the same."

I am not sure how all BBQ can taste the same....real roadhouse will offer up beef, pork, chicken, various types of sausages, sometimes smoked turkey, all sorts of salads, beans, a slew of desserts.....it is a pretty diverse offering, even within the same genre.

If you like meat, it is hard to image why you would not get excited about good bbq.

This doesn't even begin to address to differences regionally when it comes to BBQ. If you get FM and nik to discuss BBQ, then get Tim to share his thoughts, then maybe MyBoyNoah, I am confident that they won't tell you that it all tastes the same.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Of course. Which South?
                      You make my point. BBQ is VERY different in Texas vs. KC vs. NC, etc.

Comment

You make my point. BBQ is VERY different in Texas vs. KC vs. NC, etc.
                        There was a point? I just wanted you to specify what you meant by the "South," since I was sure that if I said I had been to Memphis or North Carolina you'd respond that I hadn't tried real BBQ until I've tried a real Dallas hole-in-the-wall joint with signed Cowboys photos on the wall.

It looks like you made my point.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think this speaks more to your lack of familiarity with BBQ?

Some would say the same about pizza or Mexican or sushi. "it all tastes the same."

I am not sure how all BBQ can taste the same....real roadhouse will offer up beef, pork, chicken, various types of sausages, sometimes smoked turkey, all sorts of salads, beans, a slew of desserts.....it is a pretty diverse offering, even within the same genre.

If you like meat, it is hard to image why you would not get excited about good bbq.

This doesn't even begin to address to differences regionally when it comes to BBQ. If you get FM and nik to discuss BBQ, then get Tim to share his thoughts, then maybe MyBoyNoah, I am confident that they won't tell you that it all tastes the same.
                          Meh. Slow cooked chicken, sausage, pork, beef, sometimes smoked turkey, blah blah blah, all covered in a sauce. How diverse.

Barbecued desserts? Sounds gross.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

There was a point? I just wanted you to specify what you meant by the "South," since I was sure that if I said I had been to Memphis or North Carolina you'd respond that I hadn't tried real BBQ until I've tried a real Dallas hole-in-the-wall joint with signed Cowboys photos on the wall.

It looks like you made my point.
                            I would not have said that. I like all kinds of BBQ. But to say they are all the same is just plain ignorant.

Comment

I would not have said that.
                              You probably would have said that.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You probably would have said that.
                                Remind me who it was that brought up Texas in this thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X