No announcement yet.

Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on board with Dunford Donuts. One donut and I don't have to eat for 8 hours afterwards. And for those of you who know me (and rightfully mock me), I have to tell you that I am currently in SLC on business; I walked into a Wendy's after arriving on a late flight last night and by force of habit ordered a Wendy's single with cheese and green chile. Of course, they didn't have green chile and the kid behind the counter looked at me and asked if maybe I wanted the Wendy's chili on the burger. The best I could do was ask for some bacon; it just ain't the same.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by scandell View Post
      The Red Iguana...AMAZING.
      How do you reconcile this statement with Cafe Rio being on your list?
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
        Post Edit: Or ANY Gastronomy Inc. Restaurant.
        http://www.ginc.com/home.htm
        whoops.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

My high school job was at Dunford's (the bakery is now gone). I didn't know they still had product out there.

Any list of best burger places in Salt Lake has to include Hire's. One can argue over whether it's #1, but it has to be on the list.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            The amount of cheese on that thing seems more gluttonous and repulsive is totally awesome!!
            Fixed that for you.

Last edited by Fiyero; 01-07-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
              My high school job was at Dunford's (the bakery is now gone). I didn't know they still had product out there.

Any list of best burger places in Salt Lake has to include Hire's. One can argue over whether it's #1, but it has to be on the list.
              You can get Dunford Double Chocolate Donuts at any Holiday Gas Station...and a few 7/11s.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                How do you reconcile this statement with Cafe Rio being on your list?
                Their BOTH good.

Searching past threads now...to discover the thread where everybody bags Cafe Rio. Why do I have the feeling its one of those: "To be Different, Let's tear down something that most everyone else LOVES threads".

Comment

For great asian food, try Bangkok Tokyo in Provo...because Thai and Japanese are so similar.

Or, you could go to Costa Vida. THat's a special place. Yummy!

I also like Johnny Carino's at the University Mall. It has trees on the roof. Awesome!

Utah is the GREATEST place for the funnest food ever!

Comment

Originally posted by scandell View Post
                    You can get Dunford Double Chocolate Donuts at any Holiday Gas Station...and a few 7/11s.
                    Quite frankly they are everywhere. You can even get them at Costco. My dad loves them, not my thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                      For great asian food, try Bangkok Tokyo in Provo...because Thai and Japanese are so similar.
                      Is that the place on University heading towards Riverwoods? I ate a that place once for lunch. We were there around noon, but we were the only people in the place. The waiter came by to take our order and bring our food. That was it! Plus the food was totally naaaasty.

(I realize that your post was not made in a serious tone, I just wanted to mention how horrible that place was).
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Is that the place on University heading towards Riverwoods? I ate a that place once for lunch. We were there around noon, but we were the only people in the place. The waiter came by to take our order and bring our food. That was it! Plus the food was totally naaaasty.

(I realize that your post was not made in a serious tone, I just wanted to mention how horrible that place was).
                        Tone? I love Utah food. Yay!

Comment

Il Pad will appreciate this: for Christmas I got a $20 Del Taco gift card. Next U.S. Open, snacks are on me!

Comment

I just want you all to know I am trying REALLY HARD to be on my best behavior in this thread ... at least give me an A for effort.
                            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
                              I just want you all to know I am trying REALLY HARD to be on my best behavior in this thread ... at least give me an A for effort.
                              Why don't you give us a Dallas MUST EATS list so we can... uh... review and comment on it.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Why don't you give us a Dallas MUST EATS list so we can... uh... review and comment on it.
                                Mark Dean's BBQ in Azle
                                Rudy's BBQ in Denton

Comment

Working...
                                X