No announcement yet.

Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit, each time i go back to The Pie, the less awesome it tastes and the more I am annoyed by the ridiculous $40 price tag.

I think it is one of those romanticized things from college, like BYU navajo tacos or heavy petting.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I have to admit, each time i go back to The Pie, the less awesome it tastes and the more I am annoyed by the ridiculous $40 price tag.
      Sheesh, man, what are you ordering? Time to get back to fit day.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think it is one of those romanticized things from college, like BYU navajo tacos or heavy petting.
        I always thought "Heavy Petting" would be a pretty cool name for a band.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

The Heavy Petters.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Sheesh, man, what are you ordering? Time to get back to fit day.
            family of 5, so we get a big combo pizza, 5 drinks (pitcher of root beer), and maybe one order of breadsticks or pull aparts. we usually wind up going with my little BIL or something as well. All of that plus tax and tip is usually north of $40.

sigpic

Comment

$40 for a family of five ain't that bad....

Comment

family of 5, so we get a big combo pizza, 5 drinks (pitcher of root beer), and maybe one order of breadsticks or pull aparts. we usually wind up going with my little BIL or something as well. All of that plus tax and tip is usually north of $40.
                You cheap bastard.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  The BBQ ribs are okay. I wasn't super impressed. The Brisket was so-so also.

Their sides and sauces were killer though.

The free jazz band the night we were there was awesome also.
                  You need to come down to Troy's in St G. Best in Utah (I know, I know, FM...dubious honor...)
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by scandell View Post
                    $40 for a family of five ain't that bad....
                    for average pizza, it is pretty weak. my concern isn't the price, but the quality for the price.

I also wonder what the prices were when I was in college, because there is no way I would have been able to float a $40 pizza in college.

sigpic

Comment

Orange County must eats (for when I visit the in laws): Pepe's and The Hat.

Comment

Same, except not about the price, because I'm never paying for a family of five. The amount of cheese on that thing seems more gluttonous and repulsive every time I go these days.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I go to the Pie only when someone just has to go. The first time I went was on my suggestion, because I had heard a bunch of people say how much they liked it. I have been to both the UofU and Sandy locations. They both make a bad pizza. It's like chewing through a block of processed government mozzarella cheese. Or maybe more like chewing on one of those pink rubber erasers you had in elementary school. The rest of the toppings are on par with the cheese. I cannot imagine someone ordering an extra cheese pizza there. Yipes.

Comment

for average pizza, it is pretty weak. my concern isn't the price, but the quality for the price.
                            Sure it isn't.

I am annoyed by the ridiculous $40 price tag.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

B&D Burger off 13th East by the U... BEST shakes ever!

Post Edit: Or ANY Gastronomy Inc. Restaurant.
                              http://www.ginc.com/home.htm
                              Last edited by SuperGabers; 01-06-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                                B&D Burger off 13th East by the U... BEST shakes ever!

Post Edit: Or ANY Gastronomy Inc. Restaurant.
                                http://www.ginc.com/home.htm
                                I worked at Cafe Peirpont as a waiter for over a year...I would never eat there again...

Comment

Working...
                                X