No announcement yet.

Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a MUST NOT EAT recommendation.

Five Star BBQ on Geneva Road in Orem. Hideous. Some of the worst BBQ I have eaten in my life. Got the brisket/pulled pork combo. So dry it was difficult to swallow. Also cold and flavorless. I can't imagine how they stay in business. The memory of this meal is going to haunt me for a while.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Here is a MUST NOT EAT recommendation.

Five Star BBQ on Geneva Road in Orem. Hideous. Some of the worst BBQ I have eaten in my life. Got the brisket/pulled pork combo. So dry it was difficult to swallow. Also cold and flavorless. I can't imagine how they stay in business. The memory of this meal is going to haunt me for a while.

That's too bad. That was a place I had pegged as a soon-to-visit.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Must have really gone downhill, my wife and I liked it when we went a few years ago before a BYU game.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Red Food Truck. Lomo saltado was fantastic.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            Red Food Truck. Lomo saltado was fantastic.
            Have you tried the Blue Food Truck? Superior in every way.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Comment

Couldn't agree more. I tried it once - before the open fall scrimmage last year. We were there about 5:30 in the evening, with one other table of customers in the whole place, and the meals for our party of 6 came out one at a time, about every 10 minutes. And they tasted like they came straight out of the microwave. Truly awful.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

I have contemplated this. Something about today makes me think that red is a absolutely the better option.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I've been away from Salt Lake for a while. I need help with a dinner recommendation. Any suggestions for a hot location in the downtown area that would be good for wining and dining a client?
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        I've been away from Salt Lake for a while. I need help with a dinner recommendation. Any suggestions for a hot location in the downtown area that would be good for wining and dining a client?
                        Current is cool if seafood is your gig.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Current is cool if seafood is your gig.
                          Thanks. Looks interesting. Any other recommendations?
                          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Any other recommendations?
                            I'm with you. Seafood in SLC? lolz.
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              I'm with you. Seafood in SLC, Chicago, Paris, and other landlocked areas? lolz.
                              meh.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Looks interesting. Any other recommendations?
                                If you want to impress a client and have a long time to chat and work on your deal, forage is a good alternative. I also like Frida Bistro but not sure if that is an impressive place. Food is good though.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X