Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 451 to 460 of 460

Thread: Salt Lake MUST EATS

  1. #451
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    24,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    I haven't looked closely, but I have to get my Diet Coke in a can, so the odds are fantastic. All interested Ute fans have an open invitation to lunch when in town. Donut is the only one that's ever taken me up on it.
    Dang, I've got to start paying closer attention around here.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  2. #452
    Members Only Dwight Schr-ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Dang, I've got to start paying closer attention around here.
    He went through a stage where he questioned everything. He hasn't called in awhile, so the new staff have probably firmed up his foundation for a bit.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

  3. #453
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    24,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Ever been to Viva Las Arepas in Vegas downtown? I extend the same invitation to you as Funk's.
    I'd love to. I'll hit you up. Although I don't stray far from the craps table usually unless it is to play golf, exceptions can be made however.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  4. #454
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    24,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I'd love to. I'll hit you up. Although I don't stray far from the craps table usually unless it is to play golf, exceptions can be made however.
    Don't worry, its very close to the stratosphere.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  5. #455
    Members Only Dwight Schr-ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Don't worry, its very close to the stratosphere.
    And the OG, which I'm pretty sure stands for Original Golf.
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

  6. #456

    Default

    Telemundo local - Big Time. Of course, they could hate it; I wouldn't know because I don't understand Spanish.

    https://www.facebook.com/10001094355...9239926450791/
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

  7. #457
    Senior Member Katy Lied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Center of the Salt Lake Valley
    Posts
    8,036

    Default

    I cannot recommend this yet because it doesn't open until next Wednesday (Oct 5), but a Jinya Ramen Bar opens near Fashion Place Mall. Boy was I embarrassed when I rushed the place last night only to find that all of the diners were specially invited to do a taste testing run through prior to opening. They tossed me out without even a "so-solly." (Although I'm pretty sure that the person who turfed me couldn't speak any English.)

    http://jinya-ramenbar.com

    Brief summary of menu: Tapas, Curry Rice Bowls, and ramen. I'm so excited to get a bowl of real ramen noodles, not the odious top ramen stuff. They claim their noodles are aged 3 days! My mouth is watering over this picture of the Spicy Umami Miso Ramen with thick noodles, or Tonkatsu Black Ramen with thin noodles.

    So for those who have eaten here, what's it like?

  8. #458
    lollygagger hostile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I cannot recommend this yet because it doesn't open until next Wednesday (Oct 5), but a Jinya Ramen Bar opens near Fashion Place Mall. Boy was I embarrassed when I rushed the place last night only to find that all of the diners were specially invited to do a taste testing run through prior to opening. They tossed me out without even a "so-solly." (Although I'm pretty sure that the person who turfed me couldn't speak any English.)

    http://jinya-ramenbar.com

    Brief summary of menu: Tapas, Curry Rice Bowls, and ramen. I'm so excited to get a bowl of real ramen noodles, not the odious top ramen stuff. They claim their noodles are aged 3 days! My mouth is watering over this picture of the Spicy Umami Miso Ramen with thick noodles, or Tonkatsu Black Ramen with thin noodles.

    So for those who have eaten here, what's it like?
    Haven't tried that place (yet). There is a relatively new restaurant in Olympus Cove - Kobe - that does ramen. I thought it was pretty good. Also, East West Connection in Foothill has added ramen to their menu. I will need to do a comparison between the three.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

  9. #459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    I cannot recommend this yet because it doesn't open until next Wednesday (Oct 5), but a Jinya Ramen Bar opens near Fashion Place Mall. Boy was I embarrassed when I rushed the place last night only to find that all of the diners were specially invited to do a taste testing run through prior to opening. They tossed me out without even a "so-solly." (Although I'm pretty sure that the person who turfed me couldn't speak any English.)

    http://jinya-ramenbar.com

    Brief summary of menu: Tapas, Curry Rice Bowls, and ramen. I'm so excited to get a bowl of real ramen noodles, not the odious top ramen stuff. They claim their noodles are aged 3 days! My mouth is watering over this picture of the Spicy Umami Miso Ramen with thick noodles, or Tonkatsu Black Ramen with thin noodles.

    So for those who have eaten here, what's it like?
    Kind of offensive.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

  10. #460
    Senior Member Katy Lied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Center of the Salt Lake Valley
    Posts
    8,036

    Default

    post-post, I only apologize to SU.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •