Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Yes, 2 weeks ago I think? Tasty stuff. Although I hate when they serve diet coke in a can. That screams "we're not expecting to be here long-term."
    Are you talking about Empanada Express? Because they just opened on Saturday.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      Are you talking about Empanada Express? Because they just opened on Saturday.
      No, I'm not talking about Empanadas. I'm talking about Arepas, man!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yes, 2 weeks ago I think? Tasty stuff. Although I hate when they serve diet coke in a can. That screams "we're not expecting to be here long-term."
        Next time I would really recommend the water. Really good stuff.
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Isn't the Venezuelan called an arepa?
          there is an awesome arepa bar in NYC that I try to hit up whenever I am in town for work. love arepas.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            there is an awesome arepa bar in NYC that I try to hit up whenever I am in town for work. love arepas.
            Where? I need to pretend to know what I am talking about when I am with my wife's friends.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

In fairness, I think opening a Venny joint screams that. There was one in Mesa that I got around to twice before it mysteriously disappeared.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                Where? I need to pretend to know what I am talking about when I am with my wife's friends.
                not sure how much this will help you in that quest but it is in the East Viiliage. There is also one in Williamsburg but I've never been to that one. It is called Caracas Arepas Bar.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

not sure how much this will help you in that quest but it is in the East Viiliage. There is also one in Williamsburg but I've never been to that one. It is called Caracas Arepas Bar.
                  if it's not in The District i doubt topper will ever make it there.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I have some clients in Williamsburg. So it serves Venezuelan arepas and like them from my singular visit to Venezuela. I've never had Columbian arepas but understand they are not sandwiches per se.

My wife's cousin lives in the Village. My stepson is up at 125 Street. (Yes, I know that is the opposite end from the Village.)

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      if it's not in The District i doubt topper will ever make it there.
                      So attorneys and engineers are endeavoring to instruct me in the fine art of humor. With instruction as this, how can I not fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        So attorneys and engineers are endeavoring to instruct me in the fine art of humor. With instruction as this, how can I not fail.
                        Are you saying attorneys aren't funny?
                        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                          Are you saying attorneys aren't funny?
                          One of the keys to wit is self-awareness. Poor guy doesn't stand a chance.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I'll be in SLC tomorrow looks like I need to try a few places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              One of the keys to wit is self-awareness. Poor guy doesn't stand a chance.
                              People are super mean to spiritual people. I will endure it well.

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                                Empanada Express in Ft Union. My next-door neighbor just opened this place on Saturday. They are serving a variety of empanadas from Central and South America. Everyone go give them a try!

http://www.empanadaexpress.com

They've been open for a few weeks now, and they are still good. Go with the fried Venezuelan. They are the best.
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Working...
                                X