Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Salt Lake MUST EATS

The Jimmy Johns franchise in Bountiful maintains consistency with the food I expect from the Jimmy Johns brand. I was satisfied with my meal there.

If you are in Bountiful and interested in food that meets and maybe even exceeds Jimmy Johns brand standards, then the Bountiful Jimmy Johns is your place.

Quote Originally Posted by wally View Post
    The Jimmy Johns franchise in Bountiful maintains consistency with the food I expect from the Jimmy Johns brand. I was satisfied with my meal there.

If you are in Bountiful and interested in food that meets and maybe even exceeds Jimmy Johns brand standards, then the Bountiful Jimmy Johns is your place.
    If Im in Bountiful I'm basically eating at The Mandarin, which is amazingly delicious Chinese food.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    If Im in Bountiful I'm basically eating at The Mandarin, which is amazingly delicious Chinese food.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    you have to try it. it is so good. best chinese food you will ever eat.

you have to try it. it is so good. best chinese food you will ever eat.
    I agree with this.

Su Casa on 5th East. Or the Su Casa somewhere around 69th and State. Awesome Mexican food and great salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Su Casa on 5th East. Or the Su Casa somewhere around 69th and State. Awesome Mexican food and great salsa.
    I do not agree with this.

Can I get a ruling on The Asian Star in Sandy/Cottonwood Heights? I'm eating there this evening and have not been in several years.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Quote Originally Posted by kccougar View Post
    Can I get a ruling on The Asian Star in Sandy/Cottonwood Heights? I'm eating there this evening and have not been in several years.
    Meh. It's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HBCoug View Post
    Meh. It's fine.
    Good. That matches my interest in chinese food.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Check out these reviews for Crazy Buffet. I've never seen such universally bad reviews. Amusing to read. Here are the review titles: Horrible! Yuck! Disgusting! Cockroaches! Puking! Disgusting! Scary! Wouldnt Go Back!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...h.html#REVIEWS

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Check out these reviews for Crazy Buffet. I've never seen such universally bad reviews. Amusing to read. Here are the review titles: Horrible! Yuck! Disgusting! Cockroaches! Puking! Disgusting! Scary! Wouldnt Go Back!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...h.html#REVIEWS
    makes me want to go just to see if it really is that bad.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

I had lunch at a little burger joint called Bumblebee's near 80th S. State - some combination of Korean and American.

Get your burger with kimchi and a fried egg. Fried kimchi or curry balls. Ki-pop fries. Bulgogi sandwich.

I'm not a foodie, but if you want to see what it tastes like when a Korean food truck crashes into a burger joint - it's worth giving it a shot.

Any suggestions for a nice place to eat in SLC on relatively short notice? Mrs. D and I are celebrating our anniversary with a weekend trip to SF in early August. However, she happens to be picking me up from the airport in SLC this Friday (our actual anniversary), and I thought it would be nice if we could go out to dinner. Forage was the one place I tried, but my flight doesn't arrive until just before 9pm, and they don't take reservations that late (or at least they don't have anything open).
    Last edited by Donuthole; 07-27-2015 at 02:44 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Oh boy. Here it comes...
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Oh boy. Here it comes...
    Crazy buffet?

Crazy buffet?
    Sorry, but I only eat at buffets if they are Krazy with a K.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Crazy buffet?
    Nobody is going to dare give poor d-hole any suggestions for fear of being mocked by the food snobs.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

lion house
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Nobody is going to dare give poor d-hole any suggestions for fear of being mocked by the food snobs.
    I'm happy to but I'm in a meeting. Let me get back to you, donute

See if Pago is open that late.
    "And so in spite of Ryan Kesler's pronouncement that no human can take the pounding the Ducks delivered in this series, it turned out the Blackhawks can take whatever is dished out and still turn around and put an opponent on the mat. Either that, or Chicago simply isn't human, which bears exploring."
    --Scott Burnside
    "F****n' right, Chicago!"
    --Corey Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Any suggestions for a nice place to eat in SLC on relatively short notice? Mrs. D and I are celebrating our anniversary with a weekend trip to SF in early August. However, she happens to be picking me up from the airport in SLC this Friday (our actual anniversary), and I thought it would be nice if we could go out to dinner. Forage was the one place I tried, but my flight doesn't arrive until just before 9pm, and they don't take reservations that late (or at least they don't have anything open).
    Pago is one of our new favorites. Finca is really good, too.
    "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Del Mar al Lago. Get the Lomo Saltado