Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    For you Japanese food lovers out there - our EQP has some friends who are opening a Japanese restaurant in Provo. His parents are originally from Japan, he served his mission there, and apparently he originally met these folks while in Japan and ate some of their food there. He says that while there are some good restaurants that serve Japanese food in Utah - they just aren't authentic. So he's really looking forward to it.

Apparently, if you sign up for their email you get 10% off your first visit - for anyone who wants to check it out (when it opens) and then return and report.

http://ksjapanesekitchen.com/
    It looks pretty good.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Please post if they have chawan mushi on the menu.

Also, I've been to Stella Grill many times too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        For you Japanese food lovers out there - our EQP has some friends who are opening a Japanese restaurant in Provo. His parents are originally from Japan, he served his mission there, and apparently he originally met these folks while in Japan and ate some of their food there. He says that while there are some good restaurants that serve Japanese food in Utah - they just aren't authentic. So he's really looking forward to it.

Apparently, if you sign up for their email you get 10% off your first visit - for anyone who wants to check it out (when it opens) and then return and report.

http://ksjapanesekitchen.com/
        looks good - My daughter is currently living in Provo, so that gives me an excuse to travel down there an check it out.

I need a gyoza fix

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          I’ve been to Stella Grill many times. Yikes. There is a lot of outdoor seating and people going in and out constantly so I could see why there are a lot of flies on the food.
          Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          Also, I've been to Stella Grill many times too.
          Have your Stella visits been relatively recently? Any inkling that it might get shut down (for a day) by the health department?
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Stella Grill's menu is kind of like The Blue Lemon, only less clean (apparently literally). I've never had flies in my food, or even in the restaurant.

Comment

• The Red Iguana is good but anyone who says it is Utah's best Mexican clearly has never been to Chile Tepin.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• few things have given me cravings like the hog jowl nachos i had at black sheep a few months ago
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  few things have given me cravings like the hog jowl nachos i had at black sheep a few months ago
                  Black Sheep is in Provo. This is the Salt Lake must eats thread you monster.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    He would feel right at home sitting around the bar at Denny’s at 7 am on a Saturday morning.
                    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    No, I am more of a jalapeño sausage w/ cheese kolache or breakfast taco kind of guy... they don't have those at Denny's, Frank.
                    Last Saturday morning I breakfasted at the Draper location of Penny Ann's Cafe... presumably with a bunch of Trump supporters. Tasty pancakes.

(I am safely back in blue country now.)
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      Last Saturday morning I breakfasted at the Draper location of Penny Ann's Cafe... presumably with a bunch of Trump supporters. Tasty pancakes.

i was there on friday. they do a good job. large portions, relatively inexpensive.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

You were in town and you didn't try to find a time to raid with me?
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• We'll be in SLC next weekend and, as usual, I'm obliged to take the kids out to their choice of eatery. Sadly, over the years, their preferences have shifted toward more sophisticated (or at least pricier) fare. Looking ahead to our visit, they've divided their votes between Provisions and Table X. Any comments as to either?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            We'll be in SLC next weekend and, as usual, I'm obliged to take the kids out to their choice of eatery. Sadly, over the years, their preferences have shifted toward more sophisticated (or at least pricier) fare. Looking ahead to our visit, they've divided their votes between Provisions and Table X. Any comments as to either?
                            I really liked Provisions
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Guras Spice Kitchen. Way out west in Herriman but may very well be the best Indian that I've had in Utah.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                                Guras Spice Kitchen. Way out west in Herriman but may very well be the best Indian that I've had in Utah.
                                I have a house a couple of blocks away from Guras. It is really fantastic. My only complaint is with their curry (bland). I think the India House on State Street in Sandy is better overall, but Guras is close.

Comment

Working...
                                X