Thread: Salt Lake MUST EATS

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Current is cool if seafood is your gig.
    thanks, I may try it tonight.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

meh.
    Comparing the culinary talent of Chicago and Paris to SLC?! Ha.

You're from LA right? Stop talking like a Utah Valley homer.
    YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE

If you want to impress a client and have a long time to chat and work on your deal, forage is a good alternative. I also like Frida Bistro but not sure if that is an impressive place. Food is good though.
    I thought about Forage. Looks like they're booked. Frida Bistro looks good. Maybe I can take you to lunch there this week to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    I thought about Forage. Looks like they're booked. Frida Bistro looks good. Maybe I can take you to lunch there this week to try it out.
    Done!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Comparing the culinary talent of Chicago and Paris to SLC?! Ha.

You're from LA right? Stop talking like a Utah Valley homer.
    Utah "valley" is terrible. Maybe 5 or 6 good places to eat.

SLC is much better (although still meager compared to big cities). Current is good. I didnt know you had any food bona fides. The only thing I recall was your making ice cream in your kitchen once.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    thanks, I may try it tonight.
    Make sure you ask for a table with a view of the Seine.
    YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Can we just stipulate that the Utah food scene sucks and get back to discussing specific items on the list? TIA.
    (bump)

Good grief.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Make sure you ask for a table with a view of the Seine.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Oh Mai coming to South Jordan
    "And so in spite of Ryan Kesler's pronouncement that no human can take the pounding the Ducks delivered in this series, it turned out the Blackhawks can take whatever is dished out and still turn around and put an opponent on the mat. Either that, or Chicago simply isn't human, which bears exploring."
    --Scott Burnside
    "F****n' right, Chicago!"
    --Corey Crawford

The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by CJF View Post
    I like Frida Bistro. Two great appetizers: the blue corn calamari and the ceviche.

I'm going to go ahead and put a plug in for the burger at Red Rock. It is actually really damn tasty and I like the flat bread pocket that they use for the bun. It goes great with an Elephino and if you go soon it can also go great with a Furlung.

Bruge in Provo also has a half Belgian hot chocolate/half coffee with creme fraiche that is really good. Basically, the best mocha that I've ever had. I'm not sure if the SLC locations have it or not. It went quite well with the machine gun sandwich.
    "And so in spite of Ryan Kesler's pronouncement that no human can take the pounding the Ducks delivered in this series, it turned out the Blackhawks can take whatever is dished out and still turn around and put an opponent on the mat. Either that, or Chicago simply isn't human, which bears exploring."
    --Scott Burnside
    --Corey Crawford

The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

High West Distillery is a treasure that the majority of this state is missing out on.

I managed to get my hands on some of their Campfire Whiskey for a ridiculously low price. $25.00 less than I could get it at the distillery even. A bourbon, rye, and scotch blend that is fantastic. SeattleUte is right, Utah should be proud of this place.
    --Scott Burnside
    --Corey Crawford

--SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I like Frida Bistro. Two great appetizers: the blue corn calamari and the ceviche.
    Love ceviche. Whether it is called ceviche or kilawin or oka or gravlax.