Resurrecting Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    I don't think that Tiger will ever win with the frequency he did before, but I won't say he'll never win another major. After all, he's finished 4th in the last two Masters.
    I think that's where his remaining majors, if any, will come from. He knows that course as well as anyone ever has, and I think he'll contend there just about every year as long as he's reasonably healthy.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Ugh. Tiger was cheating on his beuatiful with and the mother of his kids with this disgusting person:

Tiger Woods’ alpha mistress, Rachel Uchitel, said the 9/11 death of her former fiance, investment banker James Andrew O’Grady, was meant to be. “I believe Andy was meant to die because he was too good,” she tells Page Six Magazine, in The Post on Thursday. “I’m almost happy it ended the way it did because I’ve learned so many lessons from him. It would have been tragic if we got into fights and then divorced.” Had O’Grady lived, Uchitel — who went on to reportedly make $500,000 a year working as a VIP hostess at Tao Las Vegas and at New York’s The Griffin, where she met Woods — believes her life would have been much different. “I would be a fat housewife with three kids in Sands Point, LI,” she tells the magazine. The toned and tanned Uchitel recently sold her Park Avenue apartment and plans to move to San Francisco with her boyfriend, Matt Hahn. The two are talking about children. “I never wanted them … but I know how much I love my dogs, and I think I’d make a good mother to my own kids.”

Comment

Tiger's back in the endorsement game. Two months after Tag dropped him, he signs a deal with Rolex rumored to be for at least 5 years.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...0511?gt1=39002
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Tiger's back in the endorsement game. Two months after Tag dropped him, he signs a deal with Rolex rumored to be for at least 5 years.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...0511?gt1=39002
          His game isn't back, it looks like he will miss the cut this week. Tiger can't putt anymore.

Comment

Heckler throws wiener at Tiger

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...rnament-100911

The 31-year-old man stepped from the crowd on the seventh green at CordeValle Golf Club and called out, "Tiger, Tiger," before launching the hot dog in the direction of the former world No. 1.

The hot dog didn't come near Woods, who nonetheless backed away from his putt.

"When I looked up it was already in the air," Woods said. "The bun was kind of disintegrating there."

The man, who was not identified, was later arrested for disturbing the peace. A sheriff's deputy said the man denied throwing the hot dog at Woods, saying it fell out of his hand.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              His game isn't back, it looks like he will miss the cut this week. Tiger can't putt anymore.
              He bounced back shooting 3 straight rounds under par. If not for that atrocious putting performance on Thursday he probably ends up at -10 and finishes close to the top 10. But -7 lands him in 30th place. Respectable for his first tourney back. I watched the Saturday and Sunday rounds and his ball striking is on point. But his putter still has a ways to go.
              *Banned*

Comment

Interested in a Tiger Woods straw poll now. Not necessarily because of today's performance, mind you....but today made me think about the issue, in general.

Are you still a big fan of Tiger or are you growing more indifferent as more time passes with no majors? Are you rooting against him? Has your enthusiasm changed at all?

I don't know if this will prove to be premature, but I get the feeling that Tiger is done. The Tiger era is over. I just don't see him bouncing back to form.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Interested in a Tiger Woods straw poll now. Not necessarily because of today's performance, mind you....but today made me think about the issue, in general.

Are you still a big fan of Tiger or are you growing more indifferent as more time passes with no majors? Are you rooting against him? Has your enthusiasm changed at all?

I don't know if this will prove to be premature, but I get the feeling that Tiger is done. The Tiger era is over. I just don't see him bouncing back to form.
                  I am not sure if he will ever get back to where he was. But I think he has a few more majors in him. He played very well at the Australian Open last week and lead after the first two rounds. The third round his ball striking was on point but he never got a feel for how firm the greens were until late in the round and struggled a bit. He bounced back on Sunday to finish in 3rd place 2 shots back.

The round last night (or thursday Australian time) does not tell us much. It was an alternate shot format with Steve Stricker. Stricker is one of the shortest players on tour. The greens are very firm with no fringe. Adam Scott and KJ Choi were hitting 9 irons in to greens and due to Strickers length Tiger was hitting a 5 or 6 iron. He had no spin on the ball and when he would try to be aggressive his ball would land in the right spot but roll through the green.

I don't think he played great by any means he was probably slightly above average but Stricker played very poor. On top of that Scott and Choi had the 2nd lowest round of the day (behind Watson and Simpson). Tiger and Stricker were +3 and in all the other matches Even or +1 was in the mix. They would not have lost as bad had they played anyone else.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    I am not sure if he will ever get back to where he was. But I think he has a few more majors in him. He played very well at the Australian Open last week and lead after the first two rounds. The third round his ball striking was on point but he never got a feel for how firm the greens were until late in the round and struggled a bit. He bounced back on Sunday to finish in 3rd place 2 shots back.

The round last night (or thursday Australian time) does not tell us much. It was an alternate shot format with Steve Stricker. Stricker is one of the shortest players on tour. The greens are very firm with no fringe. Adam Scott and KJ Choi were hitting 9 irons in to greens and due to Strickers length Tiger was hitting a 5 or 6 iron. He had no spin on the ball and when he would try to be aggressive his ball would land in the right spot but roll through the green.

I don't think he played great by any means he was probably slightly above average but Stricker played very poor. On top of that Scott and Choi had the 2nd lowest round of the day (behind Watson and Simpson). Tiger and Stricker were +3 and in all the other matches Even or +1 was in the mix. They would not have lost as bad had they played anyone else.
                    I agree with this. I think that for the next few years Tiger has a good chance of being Phil Mickelson. He'll cause a lot of excitement whenever he makes a run, will often self-destruct, but will play well enough to win a couple of majors along the way. I think he won't get to Jack's total, though.

Comment

I miss Tiger. I hope he comes back. I always thought he would, but looking more and more doubtful the longer he goes without winning.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        I miss Tiger. I hope he comes back. I always thought he would, but looking more and more doubtful the longer he goes without winning.
                        I agree with missing him and doubting he makes a triumphant return.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Tiger played well yesterday he was dialed in for much of the round. The problem was Dustin Johnson was all over the place and picked up his ball on several holes. Tiger it 12 of 15 fairways and was starting to look like the Tiger of old. The fact that they only lost 1 down is a testament to how well Tiger played. For most of the round it was 2 against 1 and Tiger kept them in it.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Tiger putted well during the singles matches and was the best player out there. It will be interesting to see if he can carry it into next year.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              Tiger putted well during the singles matches and was the best player out there. It will be interesting to see if he can carry it into next year.
                              Tee to Green, Tiger was the best player at the Presidents cup. He did not putt well until Sunday. But once he started putting he was by far the best player out there and looked a lot like the Tiger of old.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Tiger was -5 today. And he left a couple of strokes out there. I think it may be time to change this thread title to Tiger Resurrected soon.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X