Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: English Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanFootballMale View Post
    Ah crap
    What a game. Man that was crazy.

The Manchester clubs on Monday. A City win almost certainly delivers them the title; a United result does the same for them.

Should be great.

12 hours away.
    Come on United!!

Kompany!!!
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Totally outclassed.
    Suck

Love it!

Absolutely nothing from the midfield all day. Rooney was lost. Well deserved defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Kompany!!!
    That slo mo replay.... Dude go UP!

Man City.... losing to QPR... LOL..

check that, tied up in stoppage!

And another goal for City... Craziness! Congrats City!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    And another goal for City... Craziness! Congrats City!
    Crazy indeed. I went outside to play with the kids with 10 min left in regulation. I figured it was over. 15 minutes later City is hoisting the cup.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Extra time was 5 of the most exciting minutes of sports I've seen in a long time.

Can't find a clip that shows both extra time goals, but here's the winner. Man, that was fun to watch. I liked how every game in the league began at the same time that day so that there could be no shenanigans. The reaction in the stadium across town, when Man U and their fans learned 2 goals were scored in less than 5 minutes and they'd lost the championship was pretty funny. That had to be rough, believing your team had won the championship, waiting to celebrate, and then seeing the results of the other game hit the cell phones all through the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Can't find a clip that shows both extra time goals, but here's the winner.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=d...e-15d1d2c25b36

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Highlights seem to vanish as quickly as they are put online. But here is a good video that shows all of extra time.

Here's a funny one from an Argentine commentator on Aguero's winner. I'm surprised people are still doing that Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaallllll thing, but this guy adds more.

I feel nothing towards City, and there's no doubt I will come to loathe them as their money and talent continues to stockpile. But I can't stop watching highlights and crowd shots from yesterday. It's one of the most exciting and jubilant finishes I've ever seen. To watch/hear the air come out of Sunderland's stadium when the United fans heard about Aguero's goal was kinda cool, too.

What nothing in 5 years about EPL?

This will probably be an airball post but dang there were some highly entertaining games so far opening weekend.

Just finished Burnley over Chelsea on the DVR. Arsenal coming from behind late was amazing and Watford getting a point from Liverpool was good. Tons of goals and upsets --just very entertaining stuff for soccer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    What nothing in 5 years about EPL?

This will probably be an airball post but dang there were some highly entertaining games so far opening weekend.

Just finished Burnley over Chelsea on the DVR. Arsenal coming from behind late was amazing and Watford getting a point from Liverpool was good. Tons of goals and upsets --just very entertaining stuff for soccer fans.
    I only caught some of the matches today in between 2 games for my youngest. Early upsets are fun. Looking forward to the season.

I post off and on in another thread about EPL. I'm a fan. I've kind of adopted Arsenal for my team. Great finish yesterday. I caught a little of the games this morning. I really like EPL. Good to be back in season. My prediction:

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Tottenham
    4. Arsenal (probably more of a fan pick--Man U and Liverpool would probably be better picks)

EPL should get another Champions League slot.

As a long time Arsenal fan i respect you placing them 4th But they're not having greatest season. I wish good old times of Henry in Arsenal came back...
    You can go hard or you can go home!
    That's my life moto!

If Sanchez comes back and plays hard I think Arsenal will score a lot of goals and could finish in top 3 -- just will have to see if they can defend.