random article of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random article of the day

Apparently Texans are all in a huff about the overregulation of equine dental hygiene.

And to think, without the WSJ we would never have even known!
    "We want to vindicate our clients' constitutional right to float horse teeth without arbitrary and unfair interference," says Clark Neily, a senior attorney with the Institute for Justice.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1261...s_Most_Popular

Rather than start a new thread about random news stories, why not bump Babs?

Anyway, a plane crashed into a flight training center, killing three people who were in a flight simulator. Not ironic, certainly, but weird. I'm sure when they stepped into the simulator they didn't think they were about to die in a plane crash.

Comment

Irony!
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

This thread could use another bump. I was reading an article titled, How to Decode Civilian Language for a Successful Transition.

I think it's hyperbole, but maybe there's something to it, or maybe it's just garbage. Take this:

When providing input or feedback to a colleague or employee, civilians are often trained to be sensitive to the other person's feelings, to consider how the information could be received, and therefore to couch their comments with gentleness, yet provide input that is candid and direct. Sometimes, this means they vacillate in their communication styles, messages get muddled in pleasantries, and the impact of the feedback gets lost.
        I'd be interested to see what Corporate America is like with respect to communication.

Comment

Kate Smith's statue to be removed. Listen to this horrible song by her and tell me it isn't deserved.

I had no idea she made such a horrific song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_11Fb01Ujw
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
            Kate Smith's statue to be removed. Listen to this horrible song by her and tell me it isn't deserved.

I had no idea she made such a horrific song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_11Fb01Ujw
            Some in the comments are arguing the song was actually satirical and ahead of its time.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
            X