Severe Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up still. Three straight nights.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Awesome. Some guys to hang out with.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Awesome. Some guys to hang out with.
        You're a good friend, mbn. Suffering with those who suffer.

Comment

I am up every night between 1 and 2 AM. I am up for about 2 hours and then am able to fall back asleep, ONLY if I have a snack... It seems like a habit that I can't break. I wake up and must have a snack.. I hate it and have tried to drink 18 ounces of water to see if that would work but I just lay there restless.. I don't know what to do to stop it.. Not sure if this is insomnia but it sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            I am up every night between 1 and 2 AM. I am up for about 2 hours and then am able to fall back asleep, ONLY if I have a snack... It seems like a habit that I can't break. I wake up and must have a snack.. I hate it and have tried to drink 18 ounces of water to see if that would work but I just lay there restless.. I don't know what to do to stop it.. Not sure if this is insomnia but it sucks...
            No, insomnia is when you see dawn breaking and you've been lying in the dark for three hours with your eyes closed unable to fall asleep. But, right when that sun ray breaks through, you feel sleep coming on and then your alarm or kids goes off.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              Curious, what do you eat? If I did that there is no way in hell I'd fall back asleep. A little sugar or carb would just keep me up.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Hey, where were you guys last night? If it is a pillow party and nobody invited me?
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Curious, what do you eat? If I did that there is no way in hell I'd fall back asleep. A little sugar or carb would just keep me up.
                  A pizza, Mtn Dew, make some wings, brownies… Off the top of my head.

In all seriousness. I usually have a glass of milk, and a piece of toast with PB on it..

Comment

2:45 AM.

Completely awake.

Watching Dazed and Confused right now.
                    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Ugh. Might as well get up.
                      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                        Ugh. Might as well get up.
                        My son decided to get up for the day at 3:15. I was under the impression that small people need to sleep occasionally.
                        "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

• Although my insomnia is controlled most of the time, I still rarely get so tired I can't stay awake. I can only think of a handful of times as an adult where I immediately fall asleep because I'm so tired. My wife and many of my friends and co-workers talk about being so tired that they fall asleep on the train or on the couch. It doesn't matter how tired I am, i never fall asleep that quickly. I could literally pull an all nighter and work through the next day and it wills till take me 30 min to an hour to fall asleep. And its not like I have racing thoughts or anything. I wake up at least 3 times a night due to our 7 month old. It always takes me at least 30 minutes to fall back asleep. Kind of frustrating. My dad is the same way and it worries me. He goes through months of insomnia at a time though. He has suffered a couple of heart attacks. I don't want to be the same but maybe I'm genetically predisposed to this type of stuff.

Comment

• 3am. Surprised at how many on CS are up.

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Watched Hansel & Gretel at 1 AM last night hoping it would put me to sleep. Nada..

Last night was actually a pretty sucky night. I just laid awake for the first time and then at 3 AM, my daughter began coughing and vomiting again from 3 AM to 6 AM. In these cases I end up laying beside her bed on the floor to ensure I can catch her vomit so it doesn't hit the sheets.. Tops. 2 hrs...

Comment

Working...
                              X