Big move for the Dodgers today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big move for the Dodgers today!

they unloaded Juan Pierre to the White Sox for prospects.
    *Banned*

How in the hell can you get prospects, or anything for that matter, for Juan Pierre. I wouldn't trade a box of donuts for Pierre unless the Dodgers were picking up his salary.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      they unloaded Juan Pierre to the White Sox for prospects.

So Ken Williams is not that smart.

"Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post

"The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Dodgers off-season moves to date:

Let Randy Wolf walk.
          Trade away JP.

Glad to see that the McCourts are not cash-strapped.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Glad to see that the McCourts are not cash-strapped.
            So Wolf is off the books. That was 5 million from last year
            Jason " I stole money from the Dodgers" Schmidt is off the books. That is 14 mil
            JuWan Pierre is off the books. I think that is 8 Million
            Manny is paid 5 million less this year.
            O-Dawg is gone. 5 million from last year I believe.

That is around 37 million dollars less than last years pay roll.

Please go get 2 or 3 pitchers with this money. Please.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

So Wolf is off the books. That was 5 million from last year
              Jason " I stole money from the Dodgers" Schmidt is off the books. That is 14 mil
              JuWan Pierre is off the books. I think that is 8 Million
              Manny is paid 5 million less this year.
              O-Dawg is gone. 5 million from last year I believe.

That is around 37 million dollars less than last years pay roll.

Please go get 2 or 3 pitchers with this money. Please.
              dont forget another ticket price increase and a rumored parking increase (again). In a few more years, it will cost $30 to park your sled at the Ravine. Maybe Frank McCourt should get a part-time job on the side instead of gouging Angelinos that just want to cheer on the Blue.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I think this was established a long time ago. There is a reason he was portrayed as a rube in Moneyball. Yes, Williams got lucky and won a World Series, but the guy is an idiot as a GM.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

How abiout that, they actually signed a free agent

http://dodgers.mlb.com/news/article....t=.jsp&c_id=la

Somehow I don't think this address the basic need ( Starting pitching )

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                    How abiout that, they actually signed a free agent

http://dodgers.mlb.com/news/article....t=.jsp&c_id=la

Somehow I don't think this address the basic need ( Starting pitching )
                    Yeah, not the move I was looking for by the Dodgers. At least we know by this that Ned is talking to someone and is just trying to advice old Frank on what to give the mrs.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I don't understand why Dodger fans are so worried about starting pitching right now, especially considering that they still have a solid farm system to get some established starters through trade.

I realize that you have only 3 starters on the roster right now, but those guys are good starters. Billingsly should be able to grow into a sold 2nd starter next year. He has a nice K/BB ratio and his WHIP has improved every year. Yes he ended up below average last year in ERA+, but he is still only 25 and has good talent. Kershaw is already a solid 1 in the Dodgers rotation. You have got to expect some regression in Kuroda, but I don't see why he is so bad as a 3rd starter. So basically you are just looking for some back end of the rotation.

You could easily get someone like Duchscherer on the cheap with an incentive laden deal late in the free agency period. He has the potential to be a top end of the rotation starter if he is healthy and regains form. That is just one example of many. You also could also give James McDonald another shot in the starting rotation. You can also promote guys like Elbert or Lindblom. It isn't like you don't have some talent in the system already.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I used to run base like Juan Pierre/Now I run the bass, hi hat and the snare.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          I used to run base like Juan Pierre/Now I run the bass, hi hat and the snare.
                          Thank you Jay-z
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                            I don't understand why Dodger fans are so worried about starting pitching right now, especially considering that they still have a solid farm system to get some established starters through trade.

I realize that you have only 3 starters on the roster right now, but those guys are good starters. Billingsly should be able to grow into a sold 2nd starter next year. He has a nice K/BB ratio and his WHIP has improved every year. Yes he ended up below average last year in ERA+, but he is still only 25 and has good talent. Kershaw is already a solid 1 in the Dodgers rotation. You have got to expect some regression in Kuroda, but I don't see why he is so bad as a 3rd starter. So basically you are just looking for some back end of the rotation.

You could easily get someone like Duchscherer on the cheap with an incentive laden deal late in the free agency period. He has the potential to be a top end of the rotation starter if he is healthy and regains form. That is just one example of many. You also could also give James McDonald another shot in the starting rotation. You can also promote guys like Elbert or Lindblom. It isn't like you don't have some talent in the system already.
                            Pitching man. I know Bils and Kershaw will be better. They are young a really really good and I love that we have young talent like that. They are a good 1 and 2. I have lost all faith in McDonald. Use him in a trade. See Donuthole's text messages when he comes in the game from me for evidence of my feelings towards him. I also don't trust Kuroda. With the amount of money the Dodgers took off the books this year, they should be able to go get 2 solid starting pitchers. Pinero and Beddard/Washburn should be in Dodger blue next summer.
                            Last edited by Hot Lunch; 12-17-2009, 12:09 PM.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Pitching man. I know Bils and Kershaw will be better. They are young a really really good and I love that we have young talent like that. They are a good 1 and 2. I have lost all faith in McDonald. Use him in a trade. See Donuthole's text messages when he comes in the game from me for evidence of my feelings towards him. I also don't trust Kuroda. With the amount of money the Dodgers took off the books this year, they should be able to go get 2 solid starting pitchers. Pinero and Beddard/Washburn should be in Dodger blue next summer.
                              You are giving up on McDonald way too soon. Goldstein rated him the 3rd best prospect in the system going into last year and was a 4 star prospect.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                              X