Expensive Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Babs, I wish you could have found a less revolting model for your grey on gray demonstration.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      ohmygosh wikipedia cracks me up. Who would seriously spend their time putting together a "shades of grey" demonstration?

Here's another useful tidbit from wiki's Gray entry:

Greys are seen commonly in nature and fashion.
      Now I know, but what is that crazy color I keep seeing in all that architecture?!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Here's another useful tidbit from wiki's Gray entry:

Now I know, but what is that crazy color I keep seeing in all that architecture?!
        I'm kind of disappointed that there's no analysis of the greyness of Grey's Anatomy.

Comment

That's what I thought, too, but apparently we're foiled again...at least according to firefox.
          I think it's the same as gray and grey. I prefer the latter because of the air of snobbish elitism (think Earl Grey and such).

SHW has just piped in with her two cents. Grey, to her, has a green tinge. Gray is just pure gray with no color taint. I think she's been eating too much soylent green, to tell you the truth.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            I think it's the same as gray and grey. I prefer the latter because of the air of snobbish elitism (think Earl Grey and such).

SHW has just piped in with her two cents. Grey, to her, has a green tinge. Gray is just pure gray with no color taint. I think she's been eating too much soylent green, to tell you the truth.
            Its soylent grey now.

I think Grey is a name, and gray is a color.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Its supposed to be grey on gray, not purple on gay.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Its soylent grey now.

I think Grey is a name, and gray is a color.
                I think you are WRONG
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

isn't "grey" more of a UK vibe to the American "gray," a la "cheque" instead of "check" or "theatre" instead of "theater" or "willy" instead of "penis?"
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    isn't "grey" more of a UK vibe to the American "gray," a la "cheque" instead of "check" or "theatre" instead of "theater" or "willy" instead of "penis?"
                    I have always thought the colour is grey over there and the color gray here.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

That's what I always thought too, and wikipedia backs us up. It makes sense that I would use grey instead of gray, actually, given the Canadian/Boston influences on my English (was it Babs who said I have a slight Boston accent?).

Comment

is"cheque" instead of "check"
                        I always thought that cheque was spanish for check.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                          That's what I always thought too, and wikipedia backs us up. It makes sense that I would use grey instead of gray, actually, given the Canadian/Boston influences on my English (was it Babs who said I have a slight Boston accent?).
                          And so my preference is due to the...er...okie influence?

And that totally does NOT sound like something babs would say, btw. Not a sober babs, anyway. Babs has never even been to Boston.

Comment

And that totally does NOT sound like something babs would say, btw. Not a sober babs, anyway. Babs has never even been to Boston.
                            You say tomato, I say tomahto, but Rodney King says "Can't we all just get along?"
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

I always thought that cheque was spanish for check.
                              [YOUTUBE]IvmeUStFvz8[/YOUTUBE]
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Now that's just intentional and gratuitous. Please refrain from hanging curve balls for me. I have been spending a lot of time at the batting cages lately and am liable to knock one out with more gusto than you would like.

Comment

Working...
                                X