Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Expensive Suits

  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Unlike NWC I wear suits a lot when I am not working... I guess it is the people I associate with.

    I get nice, off-the-rack suits all the time from International Suit Warehouse for $300-$500. There is a nice Russian tailor guy (maybe a friend of Drumpf's) there that makes them fit great. If you are in DFW some time go there (the Richardson store) and ask for Frank and tell him that Ted sent you. I don't think his name is really "Frank" but maybe Francesco. He speaks with a pretty strong Italian accent. Frank will call me up when they get something new that he thinks I might like or if they are having a special on some nice suits. I most likely have about 25 suits or sports jackets right now. I need to clean out my closet and buy some new stuff. Their tie selection sucks, however.
    UT is a stiff who wears suits. In hot and humid Texas no less. Some freewheeling libertarian he is...

  2. #122
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★'s = 1
    Posts
    17,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    UT is a stiff who wears suits. In hot and humid Texas no less. Some freewheeling libertarian he is...
    I prefer to be called a sharp dressed man... because you know what that does to the girls:

    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I prefer to be called a sharp dressed man... because you know what that does to the girls:

    I hear you. But if you're going to wear an 80's style suit, make sure it fits better than this:

    Byrne3_1.jpg

  4. #124
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★'s = 1
    Posts
    17,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I hear you. But if you're going to wear an 80's style suit, make sure it fits better than this:


    Man, when I was a kid I wanted that suit!

    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  5. #125

    Default

    bought a couple suitsupply suits in the last six months. got them fitted and tailored in store. love them for half canvas suits.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    bought a couple suitsupply suits in the last six months. got them fitted and tailored in store. love them for half canvas suits.
    Yep. That was my other option. I thought I'd give this a try, but it looks like it didn't work out. My navy suit is worn out, so I think i'll head to Suit Supply for that. Which suit style did you get? I'm looking at the Lazio.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  7. #127

    Default

    One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

    Woot

    I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
    SU

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Yep. That was my other option. I thought I'd give this a try, but it looks like it didn't work out. My navy suit is worn out, so I think i'll head to Suit Supply for that. Which suit style did you get? I'm looking at the Lazio.
    napoli. black lapel seems like they have cool stuff too. i like the accent stitched boutonnière thing. also i’d never had functional cuff buttons before but they are awesome.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  9. #129
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    the tank top I bought was wayyy too big
    Speaking as a guy here, that's generally not a problem.
    Anyone know why Babs doesn't post around here any more?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  10. #130
    Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Posts
    4,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Unlike NWC I wear suits a lot when I am not working... I guess it is the people I associate with.

    I get nice, off-the-rack suits all the time from International Suit Warehouse for $300-$500. There is a nice Russian tailor guy (maybe a friend of Drumpf's) there that makes them fit great. If you are in DFW some time go there (the Richardson store) and ask for Frank and tell him that Ted sent you. I don't think his name is really "Frank" but maybe Francesco. He speaks with a pretty strong Italian accent. Frank will call me up when they get something new that he thinks I might like or if they are having a special on some nice suits. I most likely have about 25 suits or sports jackets right now. I need to clean out my closet and buy some new stuff. Their tie selection sucks, however.
    Thanks for the recommendation, that's not far from my office. Will have to make a visit soon.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •