Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babs View Post
    the tank top I bought was wayyy too big
    Speaking as a guy here, that's generally not a problem.

Comment

I don't know. Interesting thing was, I told both my sis and my mom this story (separately), and each of them immediately responded with, "Was he black?"
      Sadly that was my first thought as well. First thought that popped in to my head was Bishop Don Juan.

*Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        Speaking as a guy here, that's generally not a problem.
        well, that was kind of a joke. I tend to just save time and money by buying a 4T to begin with.

I was really there to have a new zipper put in my jeans.

Comment

well, that was kind of a joke. I tend to just save time and money by buying a 4T to begin with.

I was really there to have a new zipper put in my jeans.
          Wore out the old zipper? Not surprising in the slightest.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Wore out the old zipper? Not surprising in the slightest.
            For $200 you'd think the jeans people could manage a little more in the way of structural integrity! Maybe if they spent less money on those giant gold apples on the rear...

Comment

For $200 you'd think the jeans people could manage a little more in the way of structural integrity! Maybe if they spent less money on those giant gold apples on the rear...
              How much did you pay for your boots with the fur?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                How much did you pay for your boots with the fur?
                as if. I only ever pair my jeans with caged sandals. The uggs I wear with my cargo pants.

Comment

Been looking around at suits again. And came across The Wizard of Ahhs.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Wizard-of-Aahs

He's gotten some rave reviews from some places like styleforum and askandy including a glowing review from Andy. The prices are awesome. Their cheapest suit are canvassed and not fused and supposedly come out of the same factories that other unnamed suit makers do.

My issue is that I am about a 46L depending on the suit maker. I'd feel more comfortable if I had a quality tailor I could trust. As such, I am just not sure I can pull the trigger with an online suit. That said, they seem to have a great return policy in case fitting is an issue and they do include all the measurements for their suits online.

Anyone have any experience with them?
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post

He's gotten some rave reviews from some places like styleforum and askandy including a glowing review from Andy. The prices are awesome. Their cheapest suit are canvassed and not fused and supposedly come out of the same factories that other unnamed suit makers do.

My issue is that I am about a 46L depending on the suit maker. I'd feel more comfortable if I had a quality tailor I could trust. As such, I am just not sure I can pull the trigger with an online suit. That said, they seem to have a great return policy in case fitting is an issue and they do include all the measurements for their suits online.

find a good tailor (can't be that hard), schedule an appointment for a fitting, buy the suit and if it's obvious at the fitting that it isn't going to work then return it. I've purchased stuff from De Calo fashion and they have a window of time after the receipt of goods where you can return it, just have to pay shipping. I'm sure The Wiz has something like that.
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post

Canvassed? Fused? We have a budding fashionista in our midst! Actually, given your penchant for finding deals on suits, you may be a recessionista, as well (a good thing, btw).

I hate his pic on the website. He needs to lose that guido homepage. That being said, the styles look nice, at least at quick glance.

Im not sure I understand the online/tailor concern. Just buy the suit unaltered and then have it fitted locally. Coat sizes are fairly universal. If you go slim/euro fit, you might have to adjust up a size but other than that, a 46L should be a 46L, be it online or in person. Same with waist.

My impression overall of the site is that it is a suit equivalent to a shoe store like Aldo.....they sell brands that sound Italian, so you assume they must be really good. But the price indicates that the suits are probably not as good as you think. However, there is a nice intersection of style and quality.

Buying a suit is fun. Enjoy.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Canvassed? Fused? We have a budding fashionista in our midst! Actually, given your penchant for finding deals on suits, you may be a recessionista, as well (a good thing, btw).

I hate his pic on the website. He needs to lose that guido homepage. That being said, the styles look nice, at least at quick glance.

Im not sure I understand the online/tailor concern. Just buy the suit unaltered and then have it fitted locally. Coat sizes are fairly universal. If you go slim/euro fit, you might have to adjust up a size but other than that, a 46L should be a 46L, be it online or in person. Same with waist.

My impression overall of the site is that it is a suit equivalent to a shoe store like Aldo.....they sell brands that sound Italian, so you assume they must be really good. But the price indicates that the suits are probably not as good as you think. However, there is a nice intersection of style and quality.

Buying a suit is fun. Enjoy.
                        What about 2 pant suits? I know they are running a special at some of the finer haberdasheries. If I buy 2 suits I then have 4 pants, 3 jackets- 6 fine trousers, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          What about 2 pant suits? I know they are running a special at some of the finer haberdasheries. If I buy 2 suits I then have 4 pants, 3 jackets- 6 fine trousers, etc
                          you know for sure that you are getting quality couture when they throw in the extra pants. And really, who doesn't burn through a pair of suit pants and think, "man, I sure wish I had a second pair so I can wear this suit another 7 years."
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Yeah but do they sew in the extra liner in the crotch?
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Speaking of bad suits, man Eric Davis looks like a clown on First Take today. His sleeves and lapel are a solid hunter green color and the rest of his jacket is patterned. He has a mandarin collar vest that nearly covers his shirt and tie which are salmon.

I can't even fathom how much he spent to look so bad.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• you know how they have all those professional skills clinics for students at law school? Why don't they offer one on "how to buy and wear a suit that fits"? I mean for goodness sake, guys, buy a belt and get a longer tie. Also, I know it's hard to believe, but your pant cuffs are not supposed to drag the sidewalk. Really.

Comment

Working...
                                X