No announcement yet.

P90X - bring the pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one down. I felt good about how I did, but I am going to pay the price in about 2 days.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      Day one down. I felt good about how I did, but I am going to pay the price in about 2 days.
      Don't worry, Plyo tomorrow is a piece of cake...

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
        Plyo was never that bad for me. Now Yoga X? My body just can't do half that stuff.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          Just finished the Pylo. Outside of being on the edge of puking right now, I really love that workout. My legs are my strength, so when my cardio can keep up, I am going to kill it on this video.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I have to say, as sore as I am, I really love this program

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I have to say, as sore as I am, I really love this program
              How far into it are you?
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                How far into it are you?
                Second week. The second round is much easier(so far)

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Second week. The second round is much easier(so far)
                  Wait until the 5th week.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So should I try it? I've got an office all to myself, and I'm thinking about blocking out an hour of time each day from work CUF to workout. I don't have any weights or equipment here so I thought P90x might be a good option.

I did recently start back to the gym, but I think I will keep doing that as well, just for the treadmill or bike.
                    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

I did it.

And then I stopped when we had our third child.

I have not started again.

It is hard. She is 18 months now.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                        I did it.

And then I stopped when we had our third child.

I have not started again.

It is hard. She is 18 months now.
                        I like the Beach Body systems insofar as they have helped me workout at home in some sort of organized fashion. I did ChaLEAN Extreme back in March (sort of the girly version of P90X). I developed a stress fracture and shin splints when I started adding in too much cardio too quickly and had to take about 8 weeks off. Or as it turned out, I've yet to get back into exercise in a serious way since. It's frustrating to be back to square one.
                        "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

I was planning on starting P90X this week. That hasn't happened. I have some catching up to do in the garage to set everything up. I have started light weight training and some cardio this week. Man, I am out of shape...unless round is considered a shape
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

The workouts are fun.

The host on the tapes is annoying and sometimes you want to punch him through the screen, but I liked it. I liked being able to do it when I wanted. I modified it a little bit. Most of the workouts take around an hour. If I was too tired, I would stop the disk and rest for a minute or two. It's strenuous. I wasn't that in to the yoga workout, and the plyometrics one was hard on my feet and ankles, so I kind of modified around those two.

I started running at the start of this year and that's been good for my cardio. P90x is good cardio as well.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

I am thinking about doing this again this winter. My cardio is awesome right now, so it will be focused on getting stronger.

I need to get my butt in gear. 2 weeks to a ragnar and then I have nothing keeping me going.

Comment

Working...
                              X