No announcement yet.

My car history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 1988 Accord, which belonged to my mom. I stole it when I was 14 to go to a party, got surrounded by bad guys, who followed me out of the party, and one of em sat on the hood in front of me while I was trying to get the car in gear (not having mastered the stick shift thing). I got it into reverse and peeled out down the icy winter street. While I was accelerating in reverse down the block, he sprawled out on my hood and punched out the windshield with his bare fist. I careened into a snow bank, put it in drive and went home. I had to park the car back home and lie to my mom that I had no idea what happened to the car. Police determined that somebody drove by and hit it with a very large rock, although there was no rock to be found. Close call!

I used to drive this early 90s lincoln around town once I got my license. It was fun, comfortable, and when you were clowning around pumping the brakes the ample suspension made it look like you were hitting switches.

This car was a blast. 88 Nissan Pulsar. Total pos, but looked cool and got amazing gas mileage. Drove it pre mish.

Drove this throughout college. I guess ambition was never my strong suit.

Got this 96 Jeep Cherokee Country after undergrad, put a ton of miles on it, although if you have one you know you need to replace the water pump about every 35k or so.

Here's my 62 chevy II (nova) that I've done a ton of stuff to. I'll never get rid of it.

I guess I have a thing for nostalgia. I got this 95 Crown Vic brand new w 20k on it for 3k. It's my daily and I love this thing. It's got a V8, silky smooth but firm suspension, a trunk big enough to fit a gang of corpses, and cops absolutely refuse to pull me over in this thing.

Last edited by Commando; 12-04-2015, 12:55 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• You drove an 88 'sar? those cars were rad.

The vehicles at Dracula's Castle (Lagoon) look like miniature 'Sars.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Law enforcement officers everywhere were disappointed when the final Crown Vic rolled off the assembly line.
        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Man, some of you guys go through a lot of cars. I change cars about once every 15 years on average.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            Man, some of you guys go through a lot of cars. I change cars about once every 15 years on average.
            Not this guy. 6 years later, and my personal car history is unchanged.

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            1980 Buick Century - Mine was exactly this color (Gold, with a Tan soft-top) although I had the stock hubcaps

1979 Mustang - Not the cool classic Mustang, but the one with the hatchback. It was red, but was highly oxidized, so it looked orange. Also, mine didn't have the cool turbocharge engine or vented hood.

1995 Suzuki Swift - Teal Green, 40mpg, and zippy as they come.

2004 Toyota Matrix - Pretty much the superior version of the Kia Spectra 5

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Yikes. Don't let imanihonjin see those hatchbacks!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Yikes. Don't let imanihonjin see those hatchbacks!
                No kidding, guys. Quit letting your wives tell you what car to buy.

Comment

• This was fun compiling

1990-91
                  1978_datsun_620_pick-up-pic-178563084563031898-1600x1200.jpg

chevrolet83s10blazer1.jpg

1994-1997
                  77chry53373-1.jpg

1997-1999
                  1990-1992_Lincoln_Town_Car_--_04-30-2012.jpg

1997-2002
                  tnbleue1-500vulcan-1993-kawasaki-customs-004.jpg

Continued
                  Last edited by Copelius; 12-05-2015, 07:54 PM.
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• 1999-2004
                    97-99_Chevrolet_Malibu.jpg

2002-2003
                    23412-0-1999-Honda--Shadow-Spirit-1100-for-sale-2014-10-01-18-39-49.jpg

2004-2017
                    2003_gmc_safari_zelienople_pa_100713224101676477.jpg

images.jpg

2005-2007
                    FL09_r048_01.jpg

Continued
                    Last edited by Copelius; 11-04-2018, 07:41 PM.
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• 2007-2012
                      133F6545-9208-4669-8BA1-3715B0B7D736_2.jpg

2012-2018 (totaled)
                      2004_ford_crown_victoria_lx_7420015444414745772.jpg

That is all for now
                      Last edited by Copelius; 11-04-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• You drove all those cars?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• looks like you alternated between zed from pulp fiction and a traveling serial rapist
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            You drove all those cars?
                            Yep

Comment

• '86-'88:
                              chevrolet-chevette-8.jpg

'89:
                              79Aspen1.jpg

'90-'91 (off an on in the mish):
                              mazda_323_1989_2.jpg

'93-'96:
                              hqdefault.jpg

'96-'03:
                              toyota-camry-7.jpg
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• '03-'10:
                                22355800009_large.jpg

'10-present:
                                DSCN9418.JPG
                                (No, I don't have a decal on my car; does that make it any better angry Iman?)
                                Last edited by Northwestcoug; 12-06-2015, 02:36 PM.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X