No announcement yet.

Coaching Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I can't believe there its this much of an asinine reaction from these people. I guess the culture that has been cultivated there over the past 40 years won't disappear overnight. Players upset for not being consulted in the process? Wtf would they be? Anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
      Yeah, I can't believe there its this much of an asinine reaction from these people. I guess the culture that has been cultivated there over the past 40 years won't disappear overnight. Players upset for not being consulted in the process? Wtf would they be? Anywhere?
      No. Kobe Bryant didn't even get consulted when the Lakers hired Mike Brown.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        I don't understand what the players and former players are upset about.
        I think there main gripe is that they didn't hire someone who was connected to the pedophile enabler. They probably want them to hire JoPa Jr.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• The Penn State family is so dysfunctional. A Skull and Boners society.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
            The Penn State family is so dysfunctional. A Skull and Boners society.
            I agree. I think with the hire from someone outside of the organization, many of the former players which had perks will most likely lose those advantages and they are upset with it. They are seeing the gravy train going away.

Comment

• The next time that Penn State wins a football game, it will be far too soon.
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• They should have gone after Munchak a little harder.

Comment

• I doubt that they would be able land anyone of note right now. This is a total mercenary job. They need someone to fill the seat while everything blows over, and he wants his first head coaching failure so to build on.

Comment

• This seems like a necessary hire, but he'll be their RichRod. Michigan was dumb to hire RichRod knowing how important the boosters and former players find it that the HC is always a Michigan guy, and those parties were always there in the background, undermining everything he did.

The reason it was dumb, of course, is they didn't have to hire an outsider. PSU, on the other hand, did. So, O'Brien won't do well, but he'll allow them to get some distance from all this so that they can hire an insider in a few years when O'Brien inevitably crashes and burns. It's not a good situation, but this is a necessary step.

Comment

• Originally posted by woot View Post
                      This seems like a necessary hire, but he'll be their RichRod. Michigan was dumb to hire RichRod knowing how important the boosters and former players find it that the HC is always a Michigan guy, and those parties were always there in the background, undermining everything he did.

The reason it was dumb, of course, is they didn't have to hire an outsider. PSU, on the other hand, did. So, O'Brien won't do well, but he'll allow them to get some distance from all this so that they can hire an insider in a few years when O'Brien inevitably crashes and burns. It's not a good situation, but this is a necessary step.
                      Penn State should never under any circumstances hire an insider or anyone who even has a remote connection to Joe Paterno. They will after they fire O'Brien, but they should not.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        Penn State should never under any circumstances hire an insider or anyone who even has a remote connection to Joe Paterno. They will after they fire O'Brien, but they should not.
                        Fully agreed. So many in the community just don't understand the need to break from the past, and eventually they'll at least bring O'Brien down, and I would bet they get their wish for someone with some tie to Paterno. Hopefully when it happens it'll be someone who worked or played for him long ago and has some plausible deniability.

Comment

• Pease, Boise's offensive coordinator, is interviewing with Florida today and Alabama next week for the same position.

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                            Pease, Boise's offensive coordinator, is interviewing with Florida today and Alabama next week for the same position.
                            Just another Chris Petersen product honestly, Bryan Harsin isn't lighting it up as the OC in Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                              Just another Chris Petersen product honestly, Bryan Harsin isn't lighting it up as the OC in Texas.
                              One season is all the sample size needed.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                                Weren't their biggest producers this season true freshmen? No wonder the offense didn't produce.
                                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X