Coaching Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
    Utah has another potential candidate with head coaching experience and Utah ties if Whittingham moves on.
    I agree.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• as long as Whitt is the head coach, the defense is in good hands. We lost Gary Anderson and didn't skip a beat. I'd hate to see Sitake go, but he's not irreplacable.

The offense without Chow is a concern. I thought he did a brilliant job considering what he had to work with. The play calling was excellent. Might be time to steal an up and coming coach from another PAC-12 school. Norm isn't the head coach yet, they are still negotiating. Hoping somehow this thing gets derailed.
      Last edited by Scorcho; 12-20-2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
        as long as Whitt is the head coach, the defense is in good hands. We lost Gary Anderson and didn't skip a beat. I'd hate to see Sitake go, but he's not irreplacable.

The offense without Chow is a concern. I thought he did a brilliant job considering what he had to work with. The play calling was excellent. Might be time to steal an up and coming coach from another PAC-12 school. Norm isn't the head coach yet, they are still negotiating. Hoping somehow this thing gets derailed.
        Maybe the Utes will try to hire away Brandon Doman.
        If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
          Maybe the Utes will try to hire away Brandon Doman.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Understandable that Chow wants to leave, but why exactly would Sitake want to leave to Hawaii? It's a total downgrade in almost everything. He can get a head coaching job eventually if he stays at Utah. Not sure why he would (is Hawaii close enough to Tonga or something to pull him away). Hawaii has little budget to pay people as well, facilities and stadium is a dump.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
              Understandable that Chow wants to leave, but why exactly would Sitake want to leave to Hawaii? It's a total downgrade in almost everything. He can get a head coaching job eventually if he stays at Utah. Not sure why he would (is Hawaii close enough to Tonga or something to pull him away). Hawaii has little budget to pay people as well, facilities and stadium is a dump.
              Because he will have a promise that is he is the head coach in waiting. Chow only has a few years in him at Hawaii.
              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Because he will have a promise that is he is the head coach in waiting. Chow only has a few years in him at Hawaii.
                Coach-in-waiting doesn't work, though. You get situations like Muschamp/Brown and Mazzone/Stewart.

(edit: I mean Holgorsen, not Mazzone. Idiot.)
                Last edited by BoylenOver; 12-20-2011, 08:17 PM.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                  Coach-in-waiting doesn't work, though. You get situations like Muschamp/Brown and Mazzone/Stewart.
                  Chow is older than those guys though. Is he going to be coaching until he's 70? Unlikely.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• He may very well be the coach in waiting, but Kalani has many coaching opportunities that I bet will be coming within the next 2 years (hell, there could be some in the next month or two). Unless Hawaii is his dream job, I don't understand the move at all.
                    Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 12-20-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone checked their abacus for how many jobs this makes for Chow?
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                        Has anyone checked their abacus for how many jobs this makes for Chow?
                        All I know is 27 years at BYU. 1 at Utah.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Chow is older than those guys though. Is he going to be coaching until he's 70? Unlikely.
                          Stewart was supposed to step down after the 2011 season, but couldn't make it a month before there was in-fighting.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                            Stewart was supposed to step down after the 2011 season, but couldn't make it a month before there was in-fighting.
                            I don't think that situation compares at all. If Sitake goes it's because Chow has chosen him.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              I don't think that situation compares at all. If Sitake goes it's because Chow has chosen him.
                              So you think Chow has enough juice to ensure that Sitake will be the coach in waiting?
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                                So you think Chow has enough juice to ensure that Sitake will be the coach in waiting?
                                At Hawaii? Absolutely he does.
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X