Coaching Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
    Rumors that Whittingham has or will interview with Texas A&M.
    Let's just go ahead and say he's been offered the job.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• If aggy agrees to take McCrowthingham, will Utah airlift Bronco out of Provo for us?

Enter: The One and True Heir to the Throne

Comment

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
        Rumors that Whittingham has or will interview with Texas A&M.
        From ESPN Rumors:

UPDATE: As the Texas A&M Aggies continue to interview candidates for their vacant head coaching position, one observer says they're going to miss out on some good contenders due to the circumstances surrounding the job.

"I just think this is a death sentence now for whatever coach takes this job," says Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News. "You're going to have to reinvent the wheel here with this program. If you bring in a guy like Sumlin, he's going to pass the ball all over the place. You're going into the SEC, a conference that they're already going to be behind the eight-ball. This is really a death sentence. I can't imagine why Sumlin would want to jump from Houston to take this job in this situation because, in three or four years, he's going to be looking for another job."
        Coach Whit isn't mentioned as a candidate, but if he is interviewing, sounds like he'd be smart to steer clear.
        Last edited by myboynoah; 12-07-2011, 04:24 AM.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          From ESPN Rumors:

Coach Whit isn't mentioned as a candidate, but if he is interviewing, sounds like he'd be smart to steer clear.
          McCrowthingham is expert at smelling financial blood in the water. Aggy is stupid because he is aggy. Aggy will overpay for McCrowthingham.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            The Vest spotted in Westwood. That would be a great hire for the ruins.
            Your joking right.. I would think he would be radioactive..

EDIT:

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little...

Can you imagine a UCLA-Ohio State Rose Bowl with Tressel in a powder blue sweater vest and Meyer in a scarlet windbreaker?
            http://www.lostlettermen.com/12-6-20...-tressel-ucla/
            Last edited by dabrockster; 12-07-2011, 05:12 AM.

Comment

From ESPN Rumors:

I don't think Whitt is interviewing. It is a rumor on Aggies Yell based solely on the fact that he is in Texas....recruiting.....and checking out El Paso for bowl game prep.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• June Jones pulled his coaches off the road and called an emergency meeting this morning. Wonder where he is heading?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  June Jones pulled his coaches off the road and called an emergency meeting this morning. Wonder where he is heading?
                  Arizona St. was hot and heavy after him.
                  "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                    Arizona St. was hot and heavy after him.
                    Got a text saying he took the ASU job...

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      Got a text saying he took the ASU job...
                      Let me get this straight -- UCLA might have Tressel and ASU might have June Jones. Add WSU landing Leach and the Pac 12 has majorly upgraded its coaching ranks.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        Let me get this straight -- UCLA might have Tressel and ASU might have June Jones. Add WSU landing Leach and the Pac 12 has majorly upgraded its coaching ranks.
                        I'm just not sure Tressel-Ball will work in the Pac 12...

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                          I'm just not sure Tressel-Ball will work in the Pac 12...
                          With Jones and Leach throwing it up 50 times a game maybe it wouldn't be so bad to be the one team that could run it down peoples throats.

Comment

• I have a co-worker whose an SMU alum, and he said that ASU reneged on the Jones offer (apparently, there are accusations that he hooked up with female students while a coach at Hawaii).

Don't know the source, but throwing it out there.
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              I have a co-worker whose an SMU alum, and he said that ASU reneged on the Jones offer (apparently, there are accusations that he hooked up with female students while a coach at Hawaii).

Don't know the source, but throwing it out there.
                              Joe Shad is tweeting that ASU pulled the offer, after Jones had accepted.

Comment

Joe Shad is tweeting that ASU pulled the offer, after Jones had accepted.
                                http://espn.go.com/college-football/...es-sources-say

No mention of the inappropriate relations, but that would make more sense than "it took too long".
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X