Coaching Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
    It took so long because BYU allegedly kept trying to entice Detmer.
    Ironic, considering that Beck has a superior coaching resume to Detmer.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Solid resume. UTEP has a good passing attack and it looks like he was also the recruiting coordinator over there. The Texas ties are also nice and 4 years in the SEC looks good.

He has also been an OC on two separate occassions.
      I thought it was weird how Laufusa didn't have the grades for BYU he ended up at UTEP. Washington isn't exactly UTEP's recruiting turf so I wouldn't be surprised if BYU didn't help steer him there.

Comment

• Tom O'Brien sticks it to NCSU...

http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-sta...rien-uva-truck

Comment

• Heard from a friend that Brian Mitchell has been hired to coach defensive backs at West Virginia.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Max Hall signed with Winnipeg of the CFL.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Max Hall signed with Winnipeg of the CFL.
              I like Max and hope he does well.

After the endorsement of Lark when the QB coach search started - I also like the idea of him spending some time a few places and gaining some perspective from working under a few different coaches for if/when he ever returns to coach at BYU.

Comment

• Just to be clear, Max is in Winnipeg as a player, not a coach.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Just to be clear, Max is in Winnipeg as a player, not a coach.
                  I know. I posted here because this puts coaching rumors to rest.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good to hear MH isn't hanging em' up yet. I'm sure I will be a Max Hall apologist to the end, but I still think he can be a productive NFL QB. I hope this is the first step to an eventual return to the bigs.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Good to hear MH isn't hanging em' up yet. I'm sure I will be a Max Hall apologist to the end, but I still think he can be a productive NFL QB. I hope this is the first step to an eventual return to the bigs.
                      Let's hope so.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Is that where Crowton is still?
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Is that where Crowton is still?
                          Yep
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Sorry if I my comments may have suggested otherwise.

I think that exposure to a variety of coaching styles and offensive minds is a good thing. I think you can get that both as a player and as a coach. I was suggesting that this is additional exposure to new ideas for Max, which would be good for his development. Particularly if he were to return as a coach some day.

Comment

Working...
                            X