• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to call it our Nano-Van:

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Mini vans are better than any other type of car except for sports cars...IMO.

I once pulled up to an EQ move with a minivan and all the guys were giving me a smug look on their face saying "like that thing is going to help at all." They weren't being so smug after I fit a whole sectional in the back of it with just a foot or two sticking out the back. When the seats are removed or stowed, minivans have a lot more space than any SUV.

Other things that fit in the back of my minivan include:
      • Upright piano
      • Two dressers at the same time
      • A whole sectional
      • 13 foot steel 4x4 with only 3 feet hanging out the back
      • A full size mattress

We had to upgrade this year due to an increase in family size but I honestly miss the old minivan. Welcome to the club as I still consider myself an emeritus member.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

You ladies can have your mini-vans. I for one will be driving a 4X4, gas-guzzlin', enviroment harmin', full-sized SUV.

DH, congrats on the new van! It sounds like you found a great one.
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I'm a fan of minivans. I used my parents' minivan when I was in school, and it was great. The thing had mood lighting and a fold-down third row. I was sad to see it go.
          Not that, sickos.

Comment

Someday, I hope to drive this van:

-Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post

Put that thing on bags and some chrome wheels, maybe a rag top, and I would be proud owner.

EDIT: After taking a second look, I dig the white walls and the chrome domes. Just needs to be slammed.
              I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

21's are nice, Surfah. When I first moved to Utah, you could find good deals on these. After the internet took hold, different ball game. I would love to have one as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  21's are nice, Surfah. When I first moved to Utah, you could find good deals on these. After the internet took hold, different ball game. I would love to have one as well.
                  I know. I was actually disappointed when I was in AZ for my brother's wedding last month that I didn't see more VW's. I like to look, peruse ads in AZ and CA for them.

Truthfully I want a Squareback and a 21 Window that match or compliment each other. I told Gidget that today with the lotto hitting $83 million that if I won I am buying a bus for our family to roll in. How sweet to have the fam rolling to church on Sunday in either of these?

Last edited by Surfah; 12-07-2009, 08:56 PM.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                    Put that thing on bags and some chrome wheels, maybe a rag top, and I would be proud owner.

EDIT: After taking a second look, I dig the white walls and the chrome domes. Just needs to be slammed.

When I worked for Mazda the guys knew I loved VW's and gave me a 21 Window Bus Hot Wheels that I mounted to the top of my desktop monitor. It was sweet.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

This is actually one of my dream cars, no joke. I think I posted about this somewhere, unless I am losing my mind.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I've always wanted a classic truck/car to drive the family to church on Sundays.
                        I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Here you go FN Phat. Chopped, dropped, and rag topped!

-Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

I like to call it our Nano-Van:

We looked at the Mazda 5, but just couldn't find one that was in our price range (except for a few with like 60k miles on them--for a 2008, that just wasn't cutting it). It looks nice and zippy (zippiness--an underrated feature in cars, IMO).
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Here you go FN Phat. Chopped, dropped, and rag topped!

Not quite my taste. I'll take the creamsicle from the 1st pick. B-E-A-U-tiful ride.
                              I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                This is actually one of my dream cars, no joke. I think I posted about this somewhere, unless I am losing my mind.
                                Dude you need to change the avatar. I seriously had to scroll back up and look at the poster's name because I thought no way does UteStar want one of these.
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X