What credit card do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What credit card do you use?

Miles program? Rewards program? Is paying the AmEx fee worth it to get the skymiles if one flies 4 to 6 times a year and internationally at least every other year?

The card I use (MC) has a rewards program attached to it.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Visa that has Sportsman's Warehouse rewards dollars. Nothing like buying $10,000 dollars of vaccines every 3rd month
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I exclusively use my Amex Centurion card. There is no need for another card when you've got the Centurion.

Comment

I just use a debit card. I have a couple of credit cards, but I suck at paying bills on time.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
            I exclusively use my Amex Centurion card. There is no need for another card when you've got the Centurion.
            Unless you want to go to the Olympics or Super Bowl.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Unless you want to go to the Olympics or Super Bowl.
              Why would I want to mingle with the hoi polloi there?

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                I just use a debit card. I have a couple of credit cards, but I suck at paying bills on time.
                are you serious? you are eschewing points and miles for things you would be buying anyway. esp if you have a company charge card of any sort...you should get on a rewards system.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Costco Amex cash back card.

Comment

I forgot the gov't Visa card that I use for TDY trips - one in the last two years. As far as I know it doesn't have any rewards, miles or anything else attached to it. I just they reimburse me before the payment comes due

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I use Delta Amex Reserve card at all places that accept Amex for all household expenses minus utilities and mortgage pmt. I think my annual fee is $400 but I get pretty sweet mileage boosts and Delta Crown Room access.

Comment

Hilton Honors AMEX. I get about $1500-2000 worth of hotel credit per year. I shouldn't need to pay for a hotel room on vacation for a long time.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Hilton Honors AMEX. I get about $1500-2000 worth of hotel credit per year. I shouldn't need to pay for a hotel room on vacation for a long time.
                          Is there a reason you chose HH over Marriott or Starwood? Just curious.

I have actually heard good things about the HH program.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Is there a reason you chose HH over Marriott or Starwood? Just curious.

I have actually heard good things about the HH program.
                            Accumulates points more rapidly.

But HH just bumped up the number points required for stays so the value of my points just dropped 10-15%. Bummer.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              are you serious? you are eschewing points and miles for things you would be buying anyway. esp if you have a company charge card of any sort...you should get on a rewards system.
                              Yes I am serious.

I have a company card, but I try not to make personal purchases with it.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                              X