X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rating the Pixar movies

{ redacted }
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: none
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Rating the Pixar movies
    Here's mine:

Finding Nemo....... 10/10
    Monsters Inc....... 9/10
    The Incredibles... 8/10
    Ratatouille........ 8/10
    Cars............... 8/10
    Toy Story.......... 8/10
    Toy Story 2........ 7/10
    Wall·E............. 7/10
    A Bug's Life....... 5/10
    Up................. N/A
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Toy Story 10/10
      Up 9.5/10
      Finding Nemo 9/10
      The Incredibles 9/10
      Monsters Inc. 8.5/10
      Toy Story 2 8/10
      A Bug's Life 7/10
      Cars 7/10
      Ratatouille n/a

Justification:
      -Remembering the newness of the animation and the storyline when it first happened is enough to make Toy Story a bonafide hit. But being able to go back to it for the storyline and fantastic work by the actors/actresses who supplied the voices (not to mention the soundtrack) all these years later as Pixar has evolved seals it as tops on this list.
      -The fact that my eyes welled up just reading through the "Up" thread makes it 2nd place for me.
      -With Nemo, Incredibles, and Monsters, they're higher because I feel like I got to experience them as both a film and as a cultural entity with a group of friends I truly admired in high school. The movies below them came either before or after high school, when I experienced them differently. I'm sure many of you have similar scenarios where your rank is determined just as much by where you were in regards to family or social life than by the actual movie.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Very, very hard for me. My list is different than most, I think, and by no means should anybody think that I don't like or have problems with any of these movies.

1 - Finding Nemo (yes, I lied)
        1A - Up
        1B - Wall-E
        2 - Ratatouille
        3 - Cars (I know I depart from the mainstream here)
        4 - The Incredibles
        5 - Monsters Inc.
        6 - Toy Story 2
        7 - Toy Story 1
        8 - A Bug's Life
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

dont we do this every so often? there is a thread or two on this already
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Finding Nemo - amazing visuals and great theme
            Toy Story - innovative and a great idea for a subject (talking classic toys!)
            Toy Story 2 - better story but the first one wins for innovation
            Bug's Life - some of Pixar's funniest one-liners
            Monster's, Inc
            Ratatouille
            Incredibles
            Up
            Cars
            Wall-E - only because I fell asleep...I'm not sure if that's a function of me, the movie, or my kids' lack of interest in it (so that I haven't tried it again after the first time)
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Finding Nemo
              Monsters, Inc
              Toy Story
              Toy Story 2(Pork bellies are falling.....makes me giggle every time)
              Incredibles
              Bug's Life
              Ratatuoille
              Cars
              The short cartoon about the birds at the beginning of one of the DVD's(i think it is on Monsters, Inc)

I haven't seen Up or Wall-E
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I like The Incredibles, Finding Nemo and Toy Story the most. All the rest I don't like as much but I still think they are good.
                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost
                  I searched CUF and didn't find anything that matched (could you provide a link if you find otherwise?). However, I freely admit, I do not have the history that many of you have (@CUF, @CougarGuard, @CougarForumBoard)... so this topic may have been discussed there separately. My apologies for the duplication. The thread, if no one finds it interesting, will self-select to the dustbin of CUF.

cheers.
                  It's in the Up thread

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=5243

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost
                    I searched CUF and didn't find anything that matched (could you provide a link if you find otherwise?). However, I freely admit, I do not have the history that many of you have (@CUF, @CougarGuard, @CougarForumBoard)... so this topic may have been discussed there separately. My apologies for the duplication. The thread, if no one finds it interesting, will self-select to the dustbin of CUF.

cheers.
                    nah, no apologies needed. Just saying that the info you want is already out there. besides, opinions change so the prior polls might indicate different results.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Bump.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Woah. This is your thread, Walter. WTF is going on between you and Pixar??
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

total hater
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                          X