LASIK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    5). There is no worse patient than an engineer. as cool as it to have someone bring me a full spreadsheet of how they perceive they see at specific distances, it doesn’t really help me.

I finally figured out how to change the stupid default Tapatalk signature
    Super mean post. I did no such thing.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I hate having to use reading glasses. I hate the quality and fit, but when you have to carry them around with you they take a beating. Perhaps if I spent a little more money for quality they wouldn't be so bad.

I've read a little about onlays and inlays. Any experience with them?
      Inlays is cool in theory, but i wouldn't have it done to my eyes. Depending how old you are, cataract surgery, or refractive lensectomy (same surgery, but done before meets insurance guidelines) is a lot more predictable, and we know the long term consequences- there aren't any

Comment

Inlays is cool in theory, but i wouldn't have it done to my eyes. Depending how old you are, cataract surgery, or refractive lensectomy (same surgery, but done before meets insurance guidelines) is a lot more predictable, and we know the long term consequences- there aren't any
        Sounds great, but I doubt the Army would be ok with it.

Comment

• My experience with progressives aligns with PAC's. I got them when I was a couple of years older than you. The transition was quick and easy, Within a few days, my head/eyes were instinctively finding the right parts of the glasses with no conscious effort. I know a few people like the Dude for whom progressives just don't work, but I would definitely give them a shot. I can't imagine switching glasses all the time. I also have a pair that is optimized for computer work, but I rarely wear them because they don't offer much benefit to me over the progressives while looking at the screen, and are worse when someone comes in my office to talk to me, or I have to read a document. I also have a pair of non-progressives that I use for some sports (basketball, tennis, but not golf). I've thought about Lasik, but my gynecologist hasn't really given me good vibes about its ability to help me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I have tried progressive lenses twice. Absolutely hated them both times.

I listened to Vandalay once. I won't make the mistake again!
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Read the above disclaimers about engineers and getting your glasses the same place as your gallon of peanut butter, toilet paper, and your $1.50 hotdog

Comment

• LASIK

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  Read the above disclaimers about engineers and getting your glasses the same place as your gallon of peanut butter, toilet paper, and your $1.50 hotdog

Hey, why don’t you get back to us when you are smart enough to delete that stupid Tapatalk signature altogether.
                  Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 05-26-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                    I've thought about Lasik, but my gynecologist hasn't really given me good vibes about its ability to help me.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Ten years to figure out how to change the stupid default Tapatalk signature.... and you want to be MY eye doctor?

I'll take two hot dogs, and a chicken bake.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• omaha my dude going to need an update here. same conclusion? did you get the touch up? still prk > lasik for you? i'm a candidate for both but have dry eyes and my doc says prk is probably the way to go.
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          omaha my dude going to need an update here. same conclusion? did you get the touch up? still prk > lasik for you? i'm a candidate for both but have dry eyes and my doc says prk is probably the way to go.
                          My right eye never came around. I still read 20/20 but I want things to be sharper. If I win a big project we proposed on in nyc I will almost certainly get the touch up. It is such a slight tweak that the doc said my recovery time would be much shorter.

Occasionally I will wake up with dry eyes, but it is really only every few months and not painful like during recovery. I dont need to use any eye drops any more. I am very pleased overall with the results and would make the same decision again even if my right eye never gets as sharp as I want. I would probably still choose prk again. My understanding is long term the dry eyes and halo effects aren't as bad with prk vs traditional but I obviously have no personal comparison.

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread but if you go prk give yourself some time off. Its tempting to try to immediately go back to work given how quick traditional lasik patients recover but I think I made a mistake pushing it. I would suggest getting the procedure on a Friday and spend the whole weekend just taking your pain pills and sleeping it off. There is some significant discomfort in the first few days but it wanes quickly. Then I would take another full week off work before I try to sit in front of a computer screen. I dont know it if prolonged my recovery going back to work right away, but your near sight vision is a little shot for the first week so you would have to really strain to read a screen.

Again I have no regrets and am fairly certain I would choose prk again. I did have a pretty heavy prescription (-5.25) and significant astigmatism.

Comment

Working...
                          X