Vandelays Random Question of the day/week/month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandelays Random Question of the day/week/month

Much like whatever naked guy SU avatar is, I have elected to occasionally ask about some of life's great mysteries in hopes of learning from the individual and collective wisdom of the CUF masses.

Question: You are single and will be getting married in 1 week to one of two women, it will be your choice. This marriage has been arranged by yours and the bride's (or groom for the XX CUFers) parents (probably with some chickens or goats changing hands). You have never met, spoken with or even seen your presumed to be virginal fiancee. You are required by national law to remain married for a minimum of 10 years before any divorce or separation is allowed.

You are allowed to choose 1 and only 1 option in choosing you soon to be espoused, you must choose the same for both women (men). Which one would you choose?

1) A photograph of his/her face only, you can't see any of the body.
    2) A photograph of his/her body, you can't see any of the face.
    3) A 4 minute phone conversation where you can ask any question you want except for him/her to describe her physical appearance.

Which do you choose and why?
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 11-06-2009, 11:30 AM. Reason: Because my 1st attempt was dumb

What a craptastic situation.

Essentially you're asking what is most important to us: face, body or a tiny snippet of personality.

Since I'm convinced good relationships need to be based on physical, emotional and intellectual attraction, none of the available options are any good to me.

I'd call off the marriage. Or if bailing isn't an option, I'd just forgo the chance to take any of your three choices, because what does it matter, really?

Comment

Naked or clothed body shot?
      There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
      Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
      And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Turns out that my next door neighbors from India are arranged.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
          Naked or clothed body shot?
          Swimsuit

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            Swimsuit
            1 piece or 2?
            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              Swimsuit
              Thong bikini/marble sack or one piece/trunks.
              There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
              Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
              And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Assuming I can't escape the marriage one way or another, I take the phone call. No need to find out a week early what I'll have the next 10 years to mourn/enjoy.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Turns out that my next door neighbors from India are arranged.
                  Indian arranged marriages are less "arranged" then people think, although they are still not my cup of tea.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                    1 piece or 2?
                    http://www.wholesomewear.com/page-4.html
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                      Indian arranged marriages are less "arranged" then people think, although they are still not my cup of tea.
                      I think I will go with their story, your expertise on Indian marriages notwithstanding. thanks!

sigpic

Comment

Really none of those things are useful as you will get a lifetime of them all no matter what.

I guess I would go with Donut here and take the call.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I think I will go with their story, your expertise on Indian marriages notwithstanding. thanks!
                          From an Indian friend who just got married, he went back to India and basically had his choice of 10 girls that his family had picked out. I teased him that it was similar to a Bachelor type show. He said that if he didn't like any of the 10 girls he could ask the family to pick 10 more until he found someone he liked.

Obviously the woman would have a different point of view but the guy definitely had a choice in what he was getting.

It's still not my cup of tea, but this is from the mouth of someone who just went through the experience not more than 1 year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Assuming I can't escape the marriage one way or another, I take the phone call. No need to find out a week early what I'll have the next 10 years to mourn/enjoy.
                            I changed the wording of the question, you are correct it was pointless regardless of what you did. Now the same options but you get to choose between 2 brides.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                              From an Indian friend who just got married, he went back to India and basically had his choice of 10 girls that his family had picked out. I teased him that it was similar to a Bachelor type show. He said that if he didn't like any of the 10 girls he could ask the family to pick 10 more until he found someone he liked.

Obviously the woman would have a different point of view but the guy definitely had a choice in what he was getting.

It's still not my cup of tea, but this is from the mouth of someone who just went through the experience not more than 1 year ago.
                              What you are describing is not a traditional arranged marriage, so your comment re "indian marriages" may or may not even be true. Also, the basis for your comment seems to be a sample size of 1.

My only comment was that my neighbors are arranged. I made no guesses as to what percentage of all Indian marriages are this way. In a traditional arranged marriage, neither kid has much of a say in anything. This was the case with my neighbors.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X