Something unpredictable, I had the time of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something unpredictable, I had the time of my life

So this is going to be 2-4 posts from me that are nothing but bragging, self-serving and I guess though I don't feel like that is my usual MO I am going to play that role this morning, and I apologize in advance.

Being on the sidelines last night was amazing, there are no words to properly describe it. Autzen brought it, the noise was deafening. It was easier not to cheer than I thought it would be, I was trying hard to get some good photos, and feel like I did.

Pregame
    I got to Autzen about 3 hours before kickoff, after getting our stuff set up in the "photo pit" under the east end zone, we headed up to the press box to eat. On the way up, I totally cut Ivan Maisel off for the last spot in the elevator and he glared at me as the doors closed.

Back down on the field I learned a quick lesson in photography. Right place, right time. I was charged with taking pictures of the recruits at the game for Oregon, while doing that I heard the students start chanting, I spun around and was 3 feet from Uncle Phil.

Herbie is one good looking man in person, Babs knows what she is talking about.

Pete is everywhere pregame, this seems to be the shot that everyone wanted of him, one of the AP photogs in the "pit" said as we were uploading before kickoff. "That is the money shot." Made me feel pretty good.

Taylor Mays kept yelling to the Autzen fans "What now?" This guy is a giant, imposing presence, and seemed to be in on every defensive play USC made, also very photogenic.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Duck was in the Halloween spirit, rocking the Darkwing Duck costume.

Per request

Maybe next week, but with LaMike do we really want him back?

Prophecy from the student section

Game
    Joe McKnight finds a crease early in the first half

A USC friend of mine texted me upset that this wasn't called
    pass interference.

TJ3 said nope, just incomplete.

Masoli started off a theme for the night, Oregon rushing scores.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

RoJo capitalizes on the lone Oregon mistake of the game. This was the only time I thought I might get taken down.

Andre Crenshaw scores.

I quack for Chip.

Lavasier Tuinei

Joe McKnight

Eddie Pleasant got both sacks against Barkley.

Allen Bradford

The best freshman running back in the country, LaMichael James.

Barkley had all day to throw, still struggled to find people. I am willing to concede that he is a frosh and I said all year that no way a frosh QB wins at Autzen, but he has a LONG ways to go. It looks like SC starts 4 Senior OL? Not super accurate with a young line could be trouble next year.

IMO this was the best picture I got, and I think will probably be in the eDuck (who I was shooting for) magazine next issue.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Postgame
        More right place right time. I had just gone to switch my 400 lens for my 17-40, and walked right up on Lisa Salters

I think he was still pissed about me cutting him to get on the elevator. I was never a fan anyway.

"I wish I had followed Sanchez."

I made silly mistake here. I had THE prime position for Chip's post game interview. I looked over and saw Salters' and her camera man looking around making faces and hand gestures like "Where is he?" So instead of holding my position, I ran over and said Chip is over there. I didn't get my space back for being such a helpful person.

I have more, but I think this is more than most everyone is interested in, and I probably have come off like a serious roll of single ply TP already. Thanks for indulging me.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Awesome. I'm so jealous. I wish it had been that same intensity for the Utah game, because those fans were unreal during CGD and all game.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Amazing stuff HFN. You got some great shots.

Comment

Nice! I am interested in more if you feel like posting them. Great stuff, HFN.

Totally jealous.

Comment

Those are awesome pics. I didn't know you were a photog. I thought you were more of a hobbyist, but you can't tell by those pics. Those are the same quality as anything you would see on a sports website or mag. Very cool.

Like this year, next year SC will continue to rebuild. 2011 will be the money year.

Going into this season, there were 4 big road games on the calendar that everyone had circled...tOSU, Notre Dame, Kal, and Oregon. Barkley won 3 of the 4. I don't buy that Autzen beat him. SC didn't really lose the game because of Barkley. In fact, he had a decent game. His lone INT was the last play of the game (why was he in, btw?). SC lost because of the horrible defense played against a potent offense. For the first half of the game, SC was trading scores.

SC lost last night not because of the noise (tOSU seats twice as many). The Trojans are prime examples....95K strong and no deafening crowd advantage of note. Yet almost unstoppable at home over the past 7 years. Talent wins the game. You can't win them all and Oregon was the better team on the field, by far. Had nothing to do with the noise (check all the false starts on Oregon...it wasn't noisy when they had the ball).

Will you be able to turn this into a season-long gig? It would be cool if you could shoot the ducks at every home game. Or every game, period. Why not? Do you need an assistant for the Rose Bowl?

PS That was a PI, btw.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Chris that I was shooting with last night just sent this one to me, so I guess the indulgence continues.

I will put the rest of my pictures in a slide show and post a link after I get it put together. Thanks for the kind words everyone.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Wow! Seriously amazing pics. I'm not an Oregon fan and I can't stop looking at them. Keep em coming.
                      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        I will put the rest of my pictures in a slide show and post a link after I get it put together. Thanks for the kind words everyone.
                        So who were you taking photos for? Do you work for the Oregon Times or something?

Spoiler for and you want to know what else?:
                        I wish I was a little bit taller
                        Spoiler for click me:
                        I wish I was a baller
                        Spoiler for click me:
                        I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her
                        Spoiler for click me too:
                        I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
                        Spoiler for and me:
                        and a '64 Impala

Comment

I actually really like that shot of the stadium. The green seats give a really cool look to the place when it is empty. Nice work.

Comment

Chris that I was shooting with last night just sent this one to me, so I guess the indulgence continues.

Dude, are those your cameras? No wonder the eDuck (or whatever its called) wanted you down there! Plus you took some awesome shots. Looks like it paid off for them (and you!). Great stuff. I'd love to see more.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So this is going to be 2-4 posts from me that are nothing but bragging, self-serving and I guess though I don't feel like that is my usual MO I am going to play that role this morning, and I apologize in advance.
                              Stop apologizing and keep uploading. These are awesome.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X