Daylight savings time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
    It depends on where you live. If you actually look at the sunrise and sunset times, there is a great case for leaving the status quo. If we had daylight savings in the winter, the sun wouldn't be up (in the Salt Lake area) until about 8:30am. That's way late for kids trying to get to school. And sunrise in midsummer without daylight savings is about 4:30. Who wants the sun in their eyes at that time of day?

I had a dairy farmer brother-in-law who hated the changes because the cows demanded to be milked every 12 hours or their udders would be painfully full. So he'd have to get up on their schedule.
    Get some damn curtains. I hate daylight savings time. It was a stupid idea by Ben Franklin, does nothing to save energy, and is only in place now in Utah because of the outdoor lobby. Screw them and screw daylight savings time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I vote for daylight savings all year.
      Amen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Amen.

Someone tell the sun to stop rising later in the winter and I'll be all for this.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
          Someone tell the sun to stop rising later in the winter and I'll be all for this.
          Move to Brazil or Africa and this problem will be solved.

Comment

People who gripe about DST are whiners.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

When it comes to DST, I'm as big a baby as there is.

Comment

But, but, but . . . [uses google to look up how to spell "circadian rhythms"] what about circadian rhythms?
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Amen.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

My only gripe about DST is the people that will use CST for time for the next 8 months instead of using CDT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        My only gripe about DST is the people that will use CST for time for the next 8 months instead of using CDT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        yip. I starting using "9 eastern" instead. I'd say less than 20% of the country uses the CST/CDT thing right.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          My only opposition to daylight savings time is that few people seem to know when to use CST and CDT

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I find it slightly annoying that sunset this evening is at 9:30 pm MDT. That's past my bedtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                              I find it slightly annoying that sunset this evening is at 9:30 pm MDT. That's past my bedtime.
                              I’m tempted to respond to the email asking if she meant 11:00am CDT.

Comment

California has a bill in the legislature to do away with DST. Will be interesting to see how that progresses.

Comment

Working...
                                X